How an Acute Care Diagnostic Solutions Manufacturer was able to improve Market Share in Middle East Blood Gas and Immunoassay Analyser Market
Background and Challenge
- A leading Global Acute Care Diagnostic Solutions Manufacturer that manufacturers Blood Gas Analysers, Immunoassay Analysers, Transcutaneous Monitoring Devices, Samplers, POCT IT Solutions and other products that caters to Public and Private Healthcare facilities via Distributor led and Direct Sales across the Globe.
Challenges Faced by Client:
- Difficulties in Accessing Competition Mapping: The Client recognized the difficulties in exploring the competition and the opportunities in MENA Region (UAE, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Sudan, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman); specifically to Blood Gas and Immunoassay Analyser Market. Hence, they contacted Ken Research and Strategy Advisory to identify the market size, covering the competition including the installed base of these devices.
- Limited Resources and Time to Identify the Chief Competitors: The client had limited resources and time period to understand the current competition scenario and their operation and financial KPIs, hence they outsourced this activity to Ken Research.
Blood Gas and Immunoassay Analyser Industry at Glance:
- Demand for POC Blood Gas and Immunoassay Analysers is increasing in the MENA region due to high accessibility and faster results at the patient’s bed side offered by these devices in ICU and NICU set ups.
- The industry is dominated by Global Players manufacturing and exporting the devices to MENA countries via USA, China, Korea and European nations.
- Healthcare facilities in MENA region prefer reagent rental or the consumable sales model as it saves them the Device purchasing and maintenance costs.
Approach and Recommendations
Phase 1: To identify top BG and IAA Devices in the Region
- Ken collaborated with its client in identifying a comprehensive list of top BG and IAA manufacturers in MENA (UAE, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Sudan, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman).
- In-depth and detailed discussions were carried out with the top decision making authorities.
- Company demographics such as device models, price per test, installed base were also accounted.
- These discussions gave the client possible opportunity windows to know-how the Competitive scenario of top BG and IAA manufacturers in MENA.
Phase 2: Key Assessment of BG and IAA Manufacturers with Operational and Financial KPIs
- The second phase of work focused on analyzing the operating model for the client.
- Deep Dive Operating Model Analysis was done to understand the various Operational and Financial KPIs of the competitors, evaluating with cost per test structure and installed base for top BG and IAA manufacturers in the region.
- This helped the Client to see through the competitive analysis along with financial and operational benchmarking of the BG and IAA manufacturers with eminent and noteworthy Primary Research by Ken Research in short span of time duration.
Phase 3: Quality Recommendations for Market Entry for the Client
- After identifying and analyzing the BG and IAA Industry and Financial KPIs across the market, Ken provided quality recommendations to the client for the BG and IAA Market for the MENA region.
- These Recommendations included various growth strategies, success factors and marketing strategies for the Client’s products in the MENA countries.
- Ken has provided a clear competitive benchmarking to the Client in order to successfully analyze the existing opportunities and threats in the MENA BG and IAA Market.
Result and Conclusion – The Client bags market share of 7-10% in ME region
Valuable Insights on overall BG and IAA Industry
The competition specific market assessment will enable the Client to substantially develop their understanding about BG and IAA Market in MENA region (UAE, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Sudan, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman) .
Ability to Identify the right opportunities in the Industry
- The client was able to identify the areas of improvements for their products and sales model, thanks to a clear and practical prioritization roadmap, provided by Ken Research.
Shift in Approach Preference
Ken Research team also aided client by helping them understand how can they develop their synergies in the business framework basis various product categories preferred by healthcare facilitates.
Successful Commercial Due Dilligence
Improve market share by 5%