The baby equipment market has remained resilient amid the challenging economic backdrop, with parents and wider family and friends committed to spend on their young ones. However, demand is highly dependent on the UK birth rate, which fell in 2013, leading to a drop in sales. The market is seeing some long-term positives for demand. There is an increasing sense of fashion ability, especially in Prams & Buggies, which combined with tighter legislative guidelines around Safety and Travel, is encouraging trading up to more up market and specialist products.
- Competition in the baby equipment market is intensifying from both ends of the sector. At the value-end, pure play giant Amazon has been winning share via market leading prices sold through its best-in-class fulfillment services. At the same time, the grocers have also been making a mark, through their own competitive prices and offers that link well into to their wider baby and children's clothing and toys ranges.
- Increasing competitiveness at the value-end of the market, coupled with growing interest in more lifestyle-led retailers, has exposed the positioning of all the leading specialists. The leading baby equipment retailers have become 'stuck in the middle' on positioning, as Amazon and the grocers have stolen sales at the value-end on price and fulfillment, while department stores have enjoyed strong market traction as consumers are showing an increasing interest in designer-brands and more aspirational retail destinations.
- New forms of Government legislation and guidelines coupled with changes in parenting lifestyles are set to impact future demand for baby equipment. The UK Government announced new requirements on side impact protection for car seats in mid 2015, which is set to be phased in. Many parents will want to upgrade their existing car seats to those which meet the new standards - these added-protection products will likely be more expensive, pushing up average spend among parents.
The baby equipment report offers a comprehensive insight into the baby equipment market and its sub-sectors, including overall baby equipment, care & feeding, prams & buggies, safety and travel. The report analyses the market, the major players, consumer shopping habits and the main trends.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- The hot issues
- What people buy
- Where people shop
- How people shop
- Why people shop
Reasons To Buy
- Utilize the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy across the baby equipment market.
- Gain a better understanding of consumer shopping habits within baby equipment and which retailers are the most popular to enable you to better compete in the market.
- Identify the opportunities to grow sales in this sector by comparing strategies of the key players in the market and their performance metrics.
- Understand which trends are driving consumer spend on baby equipment and how you can tap into these trends.
- Gain an understanding of which consumers spend the most on baby equipment, which demographics have the lowest penetration and which regions in the UK have the highest baby equipment penetration to allow you to target specific consumer groups more effectively.
1. ISSUES & STRATEGIES
2. THE MARKET
3. THE RETAILERS
4. THE CONSUMER
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Mamas & Papas
Babies R Us.
Baby Equipment, Birthrate,Specialists, Families, Polarisation, Prams, Pushchairs, Feeding equipment, Melamine dinnerware, Melamine Drinkware, Melamine drinkware, High chairs, Stair gates, Fireguards, Baby monitor, Playpen, Car Seat, Baby Carrier, Travel Accessories, Fashionabiltiy, Prams & Buggies, Care & Feeding, Safety, Travel, Mothercare, Argos, Kiddicare, Asda, Mamas & Papas, Tesco, John Lewis, Amazon, Babies R Us.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"
I am pleased to see the very useful and productive information in the report..Very well structured great presentation reflect professionalism in your research studies.... "Mustafa Masood, Financial Analyst , Coldwell Banker Riyadh"
While we still are studying and analysing your reports about Vietnam & Thailand, we would like to convey to your research team that they have done a very good job in compiling so much of information together. We hope to see more of such well researched reports. All the best & keep it up. ... "Prashant Bhagwat,General Manager, Mahindra"
We would like to appreciate Ken Research for their great efforts and wonderful support in providing the Market Intelligence Report for ITPC. The information, statistics and research are well understandable and very clear to the point. We are happy with Ken research for their good client service, on-time delivery of the report and as said the report itself. Thank you Ken research for bringing the valuable output for us. We would be looking forward to have more research with you in the near future. Wish you a success in your business!... "Jestin Mathew, Indonesian Trade Promotion Center"