Consumer Electronics in Europe
Consumer Electronics in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe consumer electronics market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The Electrical and Electronics Retail market is comprised of the sales of communications equipment, computer hardware and software, consumer electronics, household appliances, and photographic equipment. Communications equipment includes retail sales only of answer machines, fax machines, fixed-line telephones, mobile phone accessories and mobile phones. Computer hardware and software includes retail sales only of desktops and laptop computers, software, memory sticks, CD packs, hard disks and other data storage devices, computer peripherals, PDAs, organizers, calculators, and satellite navigation systems. Consumer electronics includes retail sales of CD players, DVD players and recorders, hi-fi systems, home theatres, in-car entertainment systems, portable digital radios, radios, televisions and video recorders, home use and portable games consoles. Household appliances includes major domestic appliances (air conditioners, dishwashers, dryers, freezers, hobs and extractors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, stoves, vacuum cleaners and washing machines) plus minor domestic appliances (blenders, coffee machines, deep fryers, food processors, grills, hair products, hair trimmers, curling tongs, razors, hand-held mixers, irons, juicers, kettles, stand mixers, toasters, sun lamps and fans). Photographic equipment includes camcorders, cameras, projectors, camera and camcorder accessories, binoculars and telescopes. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The European consumer electronics market had total revenues of USD 267.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The household appliances segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 77.8bn, equivalent to 29.1% of the market's overall value.
- Communications equipment continues to grow at a rate faster than the market as a whole, helped by expanding use of smartphones and inflationary prices charged for the top tier of models.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the consumer electronics market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the consumer electronics market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key consumer electronics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe consumer electronics market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe consumer electronics market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Europe consumer electronics market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe consumer electronics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's consumer electronics market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market distribution 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 18
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
Ceconomy AG 26
Dixons Carphone plc 27
Euronics International BV 30
Expert International GmbH 31
Amazon.com, Inc. 32
Euronics International BV 35
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe consumer electronics market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Europe consumer electronics market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Europe consumer electronics market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Europe consumer electronics market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Europe consumer electronics market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Ceconomy AG: key facts
Table 7: Dixons Carphone plc: key facts
Table 8: Dixons Carphone plc: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Dixons Carphone plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 10: Dixons Carphone plc: key financial ratios
Table 11: Euronics International BV: key facts
Table 12: Expert International GmbH: key facts
Table 13: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 14: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 16: Euronics International BV: key facts
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe consumer electronics market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Europe consumer electronics market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Europe consumer electronics market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Europe consumer electronics market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Europe consumer electronics market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the consumer electronics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the consumer electronics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the consumer electronics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the consumer electronics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the consumer electronics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the consumer electronics market in Europe, 2017
Figure 12: Dixons Carphone plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Dixons Carphone plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Dixons Carphone plc
Euronics International BV
Expert International GmbH
Consumer Electronics, MarketLine, Europe
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"