City Profile - Berlin; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
City Profile-Berlin; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Berlin metropolitan area is a dynamic business location for start-ups and creative industries in Germany. It is also the political center of Germany. Tertiary sector contributes the most to the region's GVA. Metal and electrical industry, mechanical and vehicle engineering, and chemicals and pharmaceuticals industry are the most important industries under the secondary sector, in terms of revenues and employment.
City Profile-Berlin provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Berlin. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area's economy-and the major employer.
- Being a strong economy, the unemployment rate in the region softened at 7.3% in 2017, compared to 11.3% in 2010.
- Berlin is one of the key tourist destinations in Europe, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors are expected to witness healthy growth over the next upcoming years.
- The metropolitan area is among the most preferred destinations for real estate investments in Europe.Construction sector accounts for 4.9% of the total GVA in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
City Snapshot 2
PEST Analysis 6
Technology and Infrastructure 21
Internal Transport Networks 21
Business Environment Analysis 26
Travel and Tourism 27
Tourism Flows 27
Construction and Real Estate 32
Real Estate Market 34
Retail Market 35
Consumption, Income and Prices 35
Further Reading 36
Ask the Analyst 36
About MarketLine 36
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Berlin metropolitan area-real GDP growth, 2000-25 8
Figure 2: Berlin metropolitan area-economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10
Figure 3: Berlin metropolitan area-GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12
Figure 4: Berlin metropolitan area-employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14
Figure 5: Berlin metropolitan area-population comparison, 2000-25 17
Figure 6: Berlin metropolitan area-population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Berlin metropolitan area-key facts, (estimates), 2017 2
Table 2: Berlin metropolitan area-real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
Table 3: Berlin metropolitan area-economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
Table 4: Berlin metropolitan area-GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (USD ) 13
Table 5: Berlin metropolitan area-employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15
Table 6: Berlin city-population indicator 16
Table 7: Berlin metropolitan area-main universities, 2017 17
Table 8: Berlin metropolitan area-population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18
Table 9: Berlin metropolitan area-population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20
Table 10: Berlin metropolitan area-mass transit network indicators, Q2 2018 22
Table 11: Berlin metropolitan area- key airport indicators, 2016-Jan-June18* (number) 24
Table 12: Berlin city-prime office rent, Q2 2018 26
Table 13: Berlin city-tourist arrivals, 2014-17 (number) 27
Table 14: Berlin city-international arrivals by country of residence, 2016-17 (number) 28
Table 15: Berlin city-hotel market key indicators, 2016-17 (number) 29
Table 16: Berlin metropolitan region-UNESCO world heritage sites 30
Table 17: Berlin metropolitan area-MICE and other events 31
Table 18: Berlin city-construction indicators, 2016-17 (number) 33
Table 19: Berlin city-prime office rents comparison, Q2 2018 34
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Berlin, Germany, city profile, city analysis, city economy, economic outlook, city economy forecast, population forecast, city GDP, city GDP growth, city population, city tourism, city infrastructure, hotel industry, hospitality, hotel occupancy, ADR, RevPAR, office space, office rentals, airlines, airports, business environment, retail locations, CBD, internet penetration, technology sector.