City Profile - Toronto; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
City Profile-Toronto; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
The Toronto census metropolitan area (CMA), also known as Greater Toronto, is located in the province of Ontario in Canada. The area is the major economic powerhouse of Canada, contributing 17.6% of the country's total GDP and 35.2% of Ontario's GDP. Rapid growth in the industry and tertiary sectors and improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
City Profile-Toronto provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Toronto. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The Industry and service sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy-and the major employers.
- Toronto metropolitan area's real GDP grew at a slower pace of 1.4% in 2017, compared to 1.9% in 2016, due to low domestic income on the back of a fall in commodity prices. However, infrastructure investment, real estate, insurance, finance, and technology are estimated to drive growth
- Toronto is one of the key tourist destinations in Canada for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the last two years.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
City Snapshot 2
PEST Analysis 6
Technology and Infrastructure 22
Internal Transport Networks 22
Business Environment Analysis 26
Travel and Tourism 27
Tourism Flows 27
Construction and Real Estate 30
Real Estate Market 31
Retail Market 32
Consumption, Income and Prices 33
Further Reading 34
Ask the Analyst 34
About MarketLine 34
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Toronto metropolitan area-real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
Figure 2: Toronto metropolitan area-real GDP growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
Figure 3: Toronto metropolitan area-GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) 13
Figure 4: Toronto metropolitan area-employment structure (2000-25) (% of total) 15
Figure 5: Toronto metropolitan area-population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18
Figure 6: Toronto metropolitan area-population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Toronto metropolitan area-key facts (estimates), 2017 2
Table 2: Toronto metropolitan area-real GDP growth, 2000-25 10
Table 3: Toronto metropolitan area-real GDP growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 12
Table 4: Toronto metropolitan area-GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) (USD ) 14
Table 5: Toronto metropolitan area-employment structure (2000-25) (% of total) 16
Table 6: Toronto city-main universities, 2017 17
Table 7: Toronto metropolitan area-population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 19
Table 8: Toronto metropolitan area-population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 21
Table 9: Toronto city-mass transit network indicators, 2016 22
Table 10: Toronto Pearson International Airport-key airport indicators 24
Table 11: Toronto metropolitan area-office rent, Q2 2017 26
Table 12: Toronto city-tourism performance 27
Table 13: Toronto city-overnight visitors by country of residence 28
Table 14: Toronto city-hotel indicators 28
Table 15: Toronto city-MICE and other events 29
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, city profile, city analysis, city economy, economic outlook, city economy forecast, population forecast, city GDP, city GDP growth, city population, city tourism, city infrastructure, hotel industry, hotel occupancy, ADR, RevPAR, office space, office rentals, airlines, airports, business environment, retail locations, CBD, internet penetration, technology sector.