Oman: In-depth PEST Insights
This PEST country analysis report on Oman provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- Understand the political system in Oman through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Oman through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Oman through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Oman through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Oman, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Oman's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Oman in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Oman perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Oman perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Oman perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments in January 2018-September 2018 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographical location 8
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 12
Key political figures 12
Structure of government 12
Key policies 12
Economic and social 12
Foreign and defense policies 13
Governance indicators 13
Economic Landscape 15
Structure and policies 17
Financial system 17
GDP and growth rate 17
Fiscal indicators 22
International investment position 23
Monetary situation 24
Social Landscape 25
Structure and policies 25
Demographic composition 25
Technological Landscape 28
Structure and policies 28
Telecommunications and Internet 28
Ask the analyst 30
About MarketLine 30
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Oman 9
Figure 2: Oman- key political events timeline 11
Figure 3: Oman-key political figures 12
Figure 4: Evolution of GDP growth in Oman, 2006-17 16
Figure 5: GDP and GDP growth rate of Oman (constant prices), 2012-22f 17
Figure 6: Sector-specific GDP in Oman, 2017 18
Figure 7: Agricultural output in Oman, 2010-17 20
Figure 8: Industrial output in Oman, 2010-17 21
Figure 9: Services output in Oman, 2010-17 22
Figure 10: Total export and import by Oman (2011-2016) 23
Figure 11: Consumer price index and consumer price index-based inflation in Oman, 2012-22f 24
Figure 12: Health expenditure 2008-17 27
Figure 13: Internet user and penetration 2010-16 29
List of Tables
Table 1: Oman-key facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year population by age (% of total population), 2017 26
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"