Qatar: In-depth PEST Insights
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
Qatar: In-depth PEST Insights
This PEST country analysis report on Qatar provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- Understand the political system in Qatar through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Qatar through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Qatar through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Qatar through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Qatar, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Qatar's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Qatar in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Qatar perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Qatar perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Qatar perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
KEY DEVELOPMENTS (JANUARY 2017-SEPTEMBER 2018) 3
KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION 8
KEY FACTS 8
GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION 9
POLITICAL LANDSCAPE 10
STRUCTURE AND POLICIES 11
Key political figures 11
Structure of the government 11
Key policies 12
Governance indicators 13
ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE 14
STRUCTURE AND POLICIES 15
Financial system 15
GDP and growth rate 16
Fiscal situation 20
International investment position 21
Monetary situation 22
SOCIAL LANDSCAPE 24
STRUCTURE AND POLICIES 24
Demographic composition 24
Social welfare 27
Income distribution 28
TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE 29
STRUCTURE AND POLICIES 29
Intellectual property 29
Research and development 29
Opportunity sectors 30
ASK THE ANALYST 31
ABOUT MARKETLINE 31
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Qatar 9
Figure 2: Qatar-Key Political Events Timeline 10
Figure 3: Qatar-Key Political Figures 11
Figure 4: Evolution of GDP Growth in Qatar, 2007-17 15
Figure 5: GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Qatar (Constant Prices), 2012-22f 16
Figure 6: GDP Composition by Sector, 2017 17
Figure 7: Agriculture Output, 2012-2017 18
Figure 8: Industry Output, 2012-2017 19
Figure 9: Services Output, 2012-2017 20
Figure 10: Trade Position of Qatar, 2012-16 21
Figure 11: CPI and CPI Inflation in Qatar, 2012-22f 22
Figure 12: Unemployment in Qatar, 2012-22f 23
Figure 13: Major Religions in Qatar 26
Figure 14: Healthcare Expenditure 2011-17 27
Figure 15: Internet Users in Qatar, 2012-16 30
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Qatar-Key Facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (% of Total Population), 2017 25
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company