Weight Watchers International, Inc. (WTW)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Weight Watchers International, Inc. (Weight Watchers) is a provider of weight management services. It offers weight management programs and plans through PointsPlus, ProPoints amd SmartPoints trademarks; regular weekly meetings; and digital subscription products such as weight watchers OnlinePlus. Weight Watchers provides services to all types of weight-conscious consumers among women and men. Its products and services include meetings conducted by the company and its franchisees, digital weight management products provided through its websites, mobile sites and apps, products sold at meetings, licensed products sold through retail channels and magazine subscriptions and other publications. The company has a presence has network of company-owned outlets and franchise operations globally. Weight Watchers is headquartered in New York City, the US.
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Aug 06,2018: Weight Watchers reports Q2 2018 results
May 03,2018: Weight Watchers Announces Strong First Quarter 2018 Results
Feb 05,2018: Weight Watchers Names Gail Tifford Chief Brand Officer
Apr 26,2017: Weight Watchers hires HSN's Mindy Grossman as CEO
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Key Facts 6
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Key Employees 7
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Key Employee Biographies 8
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Major Products and Services 10
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-History 11
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Company Statement 13
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 - Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Business Description 18
Product Category: Health Solutions 18
Product Category: Licensing And Endorsements 18
Product Category: Meetings Business 18
Key Stats 18
Product Category: Online Business 18
Product Category: Product Sales 19
Product Category: Publishing 19
Product Category: Weight Management Program and Food Plan 19
Geographical Segment: Continental Europe 19
Geographical Segment: North America 19
Geographical Segment: Other 19
Target Markets 19
Geographical Segment: UK 20
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Strengths 21
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Weaknesses 23
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Opportunities 24
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Threats 25
Weight Watchers International, Inc.-Key Competitors 26
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 33
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 34
May 03, 2018: Weight Watchers Announces Strong First Quarter 2018 Results 34
Feb 05, 2018: Weight Watchers Names Gail Tifford Chief Brand Officer 35
Section 5 - Appendix 36
Ratio Definitions 36
About GlobalData 40
Contact Us 40
List of Figures
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Performance Chart (2013-2017) 31
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Ratio Charts 33
List of Tables
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Key Facts 6
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Key Employees 7
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Major Products and Services 10
Weight Watchers International, Inc., History 11
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Other Locations 15
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Subsidiaries 15
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Key Competitors 26
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 27
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Annual Ratios 28
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 30
Weight Watchers International, Inc., Interim Ratios 32
Currency Codes 36
Capital Market Ratios 36
Equity Ratios 37
Profitability Ratios 37
Cost Ratios 38
Liquidity Ratios 38
Leverage Ratios 39
Efficiency Ratios 39
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
RivalHealth LLC NutriSystem, Inc. Medifast, Inc. eDiets.com Inc Dhs Group Of Companies
Dhs Group Of Companies
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"