Make-Up in India
Make-Up in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the India make-up market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The make-up market consists of eye make-up, face make-up, lip make-up and nail make-up. The eye make-up segment consists of eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara and other eye make-up products. The face make-up segment consists of blusher, foundation, face powder and other face make-up products. The lip make-up segment consists of lipliner, lipstick, lip gloss and other lip make-up products. The nail make-up consists of nail polish. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions have been made using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The Indian make-up market had total revenues of USD 738.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 16.0% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 197.5 million units in 2017.
- India's large population, increasing disposable incomes, rapid urbanization, and the desire to look good among the 'selfie generation' due to the growth of social media helped the market's growth.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the make-up market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the make-up market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key make-up market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India make-up market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India make-up market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India make-up market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India make-up market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in India's make-up market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market volume 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market distribution 13
Market Outlook 14
Market value forecast 14
Market volume forecast 15
Five Forces Analysis 16
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
L'Oreal SA 23
Oriflame Holding AG 26
Revlon, Inc. 29
Unilever N.V. 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 35
Country data 35
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Figures
Figure 1: India make-up market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: India make-up market volume: million units, 2013-17
Figure 3: India make-up market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: India make-up market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: India make-up market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 6: India make-up market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 7: India make-up market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 8: India make-up market volume forecast: million units, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the make-up market in India, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the make-up market in India, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the make-up market in India, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the make-up market in India, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the make-up market in India, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the make-up market in India, 2017
Figure 15: L'Oreal SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: L'Oreal SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Oriflame Holding AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Oriflame Holding AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 19: Revlon, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 20: Revlon, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 21: Unilever N.V.: revenues & profitability
Figure 22: Unilever N.V.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: India make-up market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: India make-up market volume: million units, 2013-17
Table 3: India make-up market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: India make-up market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: India make-up market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 6: India make-up market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 7: India make-up market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 8: India make-up market volume forecast: million units, 2017-22
Table 9: L'Oreal SA: key facts
Table 10: L'Oreal SA: key financials (USD )
Table 11: L'Oreal SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 12: L'Oreal SA: key financial ratios
Table 13: Oriflame Holding AG: key facts
Table 14: Oriflame Holding AG: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Oriflame Holding AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 16: Oriflame Holding AG: key financial ratios
Table 17: Revlon, Inc.: key facts
Table 18: Revlon, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 19: Revlon, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 20: Unilever N.V.: key facts
Table 21: Unilever N.V.: key financials (USD )
Table 22: Unilever N.V.: key financials (EUR)
Table 23: Unilever N.V.: key financial ratios
Table 24: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 25: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 26: India gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 27: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 28: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 29: India exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"