Success Case Study: Happy Skin Cosmetics-How a local make-up brand succeeded with skin-friendly ingredients
Many Filipino women avoid applying make-up, fearing the adverse effects of chemicals on their skin. The company successfully bridged this gap by launching a slew of make-up products with skin friendly-ingredients such as cherry blossom, Japanese tea leaf, shea butter, argan oil, and collagen.
Happy Skin was launched in 2013 by two young Filipino women-Jacqe Yuengtian-Gutierrez and Rissa Mananquil-Trillo. Happy Skin Cosmetics succeeded in the Philippines by offering skin-friendly make-up products that suit Filipino women's complexion and the local climate.
- Happy Skin's products are marketed around being caring to skin.
- A portfolio of highly relevant products ensures brand success.
- Happy Skin used the power of social media to understand the preferences of consumers.
- Understanding the key product differentiator and addressing local needs are vital to brand success.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 5
2. What? 6
3. Why? 8
4. Take-out 11
5. Appendix 14
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Happy Skin Cosmetics, the Philippines, skin-friendly make-up, cherry blossom, Japanese tea leaf, shea butter, argan oil, collagen, Happy Skin X Disney, Sanrio, locally made, social media
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"