Success Case Study: Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit-How leveraging social media has created a billion dollar cosmetics company
This report is part of GlobalData's Success and Failures case study series, which explores the reasons underpinning success or failure, and key learnings. Kylie Cosmetics became one of the fastest-growing beauty brand by leveraging social media platforms to drive product popularity and consumer demand.
Launched back in November 2015 by celebrity Kylie Jenner, Kylie Cosmetics became one of the fastest-growing beauty brands through the sole use of social media marketing strategies. The brand, which started off with selling lip kits, has expanded its product portfolio to eye shadows, blushes, and tools, and is set to become a billion-dollar beauty brand.
- Brands can use social media to build brand engagement by generating product demand through creating exclusive, on-trend, and easy-to-relate to digital content.
- Develop products that create a sense of exclusivity by offering limited-edition products
- Create engaging and easy-to-consume social media content that helps generate brand popularity.
- Target social-media-savvy consumers who discover, follow, and purchase beauty products on social media.
- Market products as premium through high-quality ingredients, stand-out packaging, and unique and unusual product designs.
- Leverage celebrity status and popularity to develop consumer engagement and drive direct online conversations with target audience.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 5
2. What? 6
3. Why? 8
4. Take-Outs 11
5. Appendix 12
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
social media, cosmetics, make-up, lip kits, celebrity, innovation, brand engagement, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"