Success Case Study: P&G's Gel Ball 3D Laundry Capsules-Laundry product innovation that offers new benefits to consumers in Japan
"Success Case Study: P&G's Gel Ball 3D Laundry Capsules", is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of recently relaunched Gel Ball 3D laundry capsules. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
P&G's Gel Ball 3D is an upgraded version of its Gel Ball first launched in Japan in 2014. The new version features a unique three compartment structure to contain active ingredients separately for maximum cleaning. The improved functionality has received a positive response, showcasing the importance of functionality in laundry product innovation. It also strongly demonstrates that a Western-origin concept can work in new markets.
- The new product features a 3D structure in which the capsule has three separate compartments for maximum cleaning effect. It has made a significant impact, as 10 million boxes of Gel Ball 3D products (under both the Ariel and Bold brands) were sold during the first week of the release.
- Gel Ball 3D claims multiple improvements and benefits, such as working on 100 types of dirt and deep cleaning, appealing to functional-driven consumers in Japan.
- The case study finds that consumers are functional-driven in household care products, which is a global trend, and offering multifunctionality benefits will appeal to consumers at the global scale.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Proctor & Gamble
Success, failure, CPG, FMCG, innovation, laundry detergent, Japan, pods, capsules, cold water, performance, multifunctionality
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"