Success Case Study: P&Gs Gel Ball 3D Laundry Capsules - Laundry product innovation that offers new benefits to consumers in Japan
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Success Case Study: P&G's Gel Ball 3D Laundry Capsules-Laundry product innovation that offers new benefits to consumers in Japan
"Success Case Study: P&G's Gel Ball 3D Laundry Capsules", is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of recently relaunched Gel Ball 3D laundry capsules. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
P&G's Gel Ball 3D is an upgraded version of its Gel Ball first launched in Japan in 2014. The new version features a unique three compartment structure to contain active ingredients separately for maximum cleaning. The improved functionality has received a positive response, showcasing the importance of functionality in laundry product innovation. It also strongly demonstrates that a Western-origin concept can work in new markets.
- The new product features a 3D structure in which the capsule has three separate compartments for maximum cleaning effect. It has made a significant impact, as 10 million boxes of Gel Ball 3D products (under both the Ariel and Bold brands) were sold during the first week of the release.
- Gel Ball 3D claims multiple improvements and benefits, such as working on 100 types of dirt and deep cleaning, appealing to functional-driven consumers in Japan.
- The case study finds that consumers are functional-driven in household care products, which is a global trend, and offering multifunctionality benefits will appeal to consumers at the global scale.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Success, failure, CPG, FMCG, innovation, laundry detergent, Japan, pods, capsules, cold water, performance, multifunctionality
Proctor & Gamble