Success Case Study: Lion Nonio - Attracting Japans self-aware Millennials to a new oral care brand with impactful marketing
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Success Case Study: Lion Nonio-Attracting Japan's self-aware Millennials to a new oral care brand with impactful marketing
"Success Case Study: Lion Nonio", is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of oral care innovation in Japan. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Lion Nonio is a new oral care brand designed to combat bad breath (halitosis), launched by major Japanese personal care manufacturer Lion. Presenting the prevention of halitosis as the main benefit, the brand targets consumers in their 20s and 30s. The effective marketing of Lion Nonio resonates well with its target consumers, significantly contributing to the brand's sales growth.
- The Lion Nonio brand significantly contributed to Lion's overall 2017 sales, registering sales increases of 37% in toothpaste and 82% in mouthwash in comparison to the year before.
- Targeting young consumers with bad breath prevention benefits is a smart concept, particularly in the mouthwash segment, allowing the company to reach a new audience.
- The brand understands the importance of designing packaging to gain traction among the target shoppers. Selling a positive lifestyle image also resonates with them.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Success, failure, CPG, FMCG, innovation, personal care, oral care, toothpaste, mouthwash, Millennials, Generation Y, Gen Y, lifestyle, fashion