Success Case Study: Lion Nonio-Attracting Japan's self-aware Millennials to a new oral care brand with impactful marketing
"Success Case Study: Lion Nonio", is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of oral care innovation in Japan. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Lion Nonio is a new oral care brand designed to combat bad breath (halitosis), launched by major Japanese personal care manufacturer Lion. Presenting the prevention of halitosis as the main benefit, the brand targets consumers in their 20s and 30s. The effective marketing of Lion Nonio resonates well with its target consumers, significantly contributing to the brand's sales growth.
- The Lion Nonio brand significantly contributed to Lion's overall 2017 sales, registering sales increases of 37% in toothpaste and 82% in mouthwash in comparison to the year before.
- Targeting young consumers with bad breath prevention benefits is a smart concept, particularly in the mouthwash segment, allowing the company to reach a new audience.
- The brand understands the importance of designing packaging to gain traction among the target shoppers. Selling a positive lifestyle image also resonates with them.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Success, failure, CPG, FMCG, innovation, personal care, oral care, toothpaste, mouthwash, Millennials, Generation Y, Gen Y, lifestyle, fashion
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"