Home & Garden Products in Italy
Home & Garden Products in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy home & garden products market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The home & garden products market consists of gardening and outdoor living products, home improvement products, and homewares. Gardening and outdoor living includes garden buildings, manual and electric garden tools, garden utensils, outdoor living products (garden furniture, barbecues, ornaments), and plants and growing media (bulbs, compost, domestic fertilizer, flowering plants, seeds, shrubs and trees). Home improvement includes retail (not trade) sales of decorating materials (paint, varnish, wall tiles, wallpaper), Electricals hardware (alarms, light fittings, plugs, switches), hardware (brackets, locks, nails, bolts, nuts, etc.), other materials (adhesive, aggregates, boards, cement, doors, window frames, glass, bricks, timber, etc.), and manual and power tools. Homewares includes retail sales of home hardware (crockery, cutlery, glassware, rubbish bins, storage, mechanical utensils and home devices e.g. scales), lamps and lampshades, textiles and soft furnishings (bathroom textiles, beddings, cushions, futons, hammocks, mattresses, table linen, furniture covers, doormats), and window dressings (blinds, curtain poles, rails, curtains, hooks). Any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The Italian home and garden products market had total revenues of USD 21.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The home improvement segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 9.9bn, equivalent to 46.4% of the market's overall value.
- Growth in this market has remained low due to poor economic conditions in Italy. High unemployment rates and low disposable incomes discouraged consumers from making large investments, which is evident from the decreasing home ownership levels.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the home & garden products market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the home & garden products market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key home & garden products market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy home & garden products market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy home & garden products market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Italy home & garden products market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy home & garden products market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's home & garden products market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market distribution 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 22
GROUPE ADEO SA 22
Inter IKEA Systems BV 24
Mercatone Uno Services SpA 27
Tengelmann Group 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy home & garden products market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Italy home & garden products market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Italy home & garden products market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Italy home & garden products market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Italy home & garden products market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: GROUPE ADEO SA: key facts
Table 7: Inter IKEA Systems BV: key facts
Table 8: Inter IKEA Systems BV: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Inter IKEA Systems BV: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: Inter IKEA Systems BV: key financial ratios
Table 11: Mercatone Uno Services SpA: key facts
Table 12: Tengelmann Group: key facts
Table 13: Italy size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 14: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Italy gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Italy inflation, 2013-17
Table 17: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 18: Italy exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy home & garden products market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Italy home & garden products market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Italy home & garden products market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Italy home & garden products market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Italy home & garden products market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the home & garden products market in Italy, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the home & garden products market in Italy, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the home & garden products market in Italy, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the home & garden products market in Italy, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the home & garden products market in Italy, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the home & garden products market in Italy, 2017
Figure 12: Inter IKEA Systems BV: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Inter IKEA Systems BV: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
GROUPE ADEO SA
Inter IKEA Systems BV
Mercatone Uno Services SpA
Home & Garden Products, MarketLine, Italy
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"