West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (WFT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (WFT)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (West Fraser) is an integrated forest products company that produces and sells lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint products. It offers SPF lumber and treated wood lumbers in Canada and SYP lumber in the US. Its Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) products are marketed under various brand names such as Ranger, WestPine, Eco-Gold and Ecopremium brands. The company's portfolio also include Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft (NBSK) and Bleached Chemical Thermo-Mechanical Pulp (BCTMP) pulp products, bioproducts and laminated veneer panel (LVL) for engineered wood products. It operates manufacturing facilities and sales offices in the US and Canada. West Fraser is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. Key Recent Developments
Jul 19,2018: West Fraser announces second quarter results
Apr 26,2018: West Fraser reports 2018 Q1 results
Apr 20,2018: West Fraser chief executive officer to retire
Apr 19,2018: West Fraser announced today Ted Seraphim's plan to retire as Chief Executive Officer
Feb 14,2018: West Fraser Announces 2017 Annual and Fourth Quarter Results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Key Facts 6
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Key Employees 7
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Key Employee Biographies 8
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Major Products and Services 9
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-History 10
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Company Statement 12
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2-Company Analysis 16
Company Overview 16
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Business Description 17
Product Category: Lumber 17
Key Stats 17
Product Category: Panels 17
Key Stats 18
Product Category: Pulp & Paper 18
Geographical Segment: Canada 18
Target Markets 18
Geographical Segment: China 18
Target Markets 18
Geographical Segment: Other 19
Geographical Segment: Other Asia 19
Geographical Segment: Pulp & Paper 19
Key Stats 19
Geographical Segment: United States 19
Target Markets 19
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis-Overview 20
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Strengths 20
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Weaknesses 22
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Opportunities 23
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Threats 24
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 33
Jul 19, 2018: West Fraser announces second quarter results 33
Apr 19, 2018: West Fraser announced today Ted Seraphim's plan to retire as Chief Executive Officer 34
Feb 14, 2018: West Fraser Announces 2017 Annual and Fourth Quarter Results 35
Feb 16, 2017: West Fraser announces 2016 annual and Q4 results 36
Section 5-Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List Of Figure
List of Figures
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Performance Chart (2013-2017) 30
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Ratio Charts 32
List Of Table
List of Tables
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Key Facts 6
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Key Employees 7
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Key Employee Biographies 8
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Major Products and Services 9
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., History 10
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Other Locations 14
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Subsidiaries 15
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Key Competitors 25
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Ratios based on current share price 26
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Annual Ratios 27
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Western Forest Products Inc
Clearwater Paper Corporation
L&W Supply Corporation
BlueLinx Holdings Inc.
Allied Building Products Corp
Ainsworth Lumber Co., Ltd.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Resolute Forest Products Inc
Huttig Building Products, Inc.
Tolko Industries Ltd