Carnival Corporation & Plc (CCL)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Carnival Corporation & plc (Carnival) is a leisure travel company. It is a provider of extraordinary vacations to all major cruise destinations in the world. Carnival provides services through a portfolio of global, regional and national cruise brands that specializes in selling cruise products, services and vacation experiences. The cruise brand portfolio comprises Carnival Cruise Line, Fathom, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard, P&O Cruises (Australia) and P&O Cruises (UK). The company also owns and operates Holland America Princess Alaska Tours, a tour operator in Alaska and the Yukon Territory of Canada. It operates in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Carnival is headquartered in Miami, Florida, the US.
Carnival Corporation & Plc Key Recent Developments
Jul 24,2018: Princess Cruises selects Fincantieri to build two LNG-fuelled ships
Jul 20,2018: Carnival Corp achieves CO2 reduction targets ahead of schedule
Jul 19,2018: Carnival releases 2017 Sustainability Report meets goal to reduce carbon footprint ahead of schedule
Jun 29,2018: American Cancer Society Holds Annual A Toast to Life Fundraiser Luncheon Aboard Holland America Line s Eurodam in Seattle
Jun 25,2018: Carnival posts Q2 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Key Facts 6
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Key Employees 7
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Key Employee Biographies 9
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Major Products and Services 11
Carnival Corporation & Plc-History 12
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Company Statement 21
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Locations And Subsidiaries 23
Head Office 23
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 23
Section 2-Company Analysis 26
Company Overview 26
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Business Description 27
Business Segment: Cruise Support 27
Business Segment: EAA Cruise Brands 27
Key Strategies 28
Key Stats 28
Business Segment: North America Cruise Brands 28
Key Strategies 29
Key Stats 29
Business Segment: Tour and Other 29
Geographical Segment: Australia and Asia 29
Geographical Segment: Europe 29
Geographical Segment: North America 30
Geographical Segment: Other 30
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Corporate Strategy 31
Carnival Corporation & Plc-SWOT Analysis 32
SWOT Analysis-Overview 32
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Strengths 32
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Weaknesses 33
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Opportunities 34
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Threats 35
Carnival Corporation & Plc-Key Competitors 36
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 37
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 37
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 38
Performance Chart 41
Financial Performance 41
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 42
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 43
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 44
Jul 24, 2018: Princess Cruises selects Fincantieri to build two LNG-fuelled ships 44
Jul 20, 2018: Carnival Corp achieves CO2 reduction targets ahead of schedule 45
Jul 19, 2018: Carnival releases 2017 Sustainability Report meets goal to reduce carbon footprint ahead of schedule 46
Jun 29, 2018: American Cancer Society Holds Annual A Toast to Life Fundraiser Luncheon Aboard Holland America Line s Eurodam in Seattle 48
Jun 20, 2018: Carnival and Bellona partner to improve environmental impact 49
Jun 20, 2018: Carnival and Bellona partner to improve environmental impact 50
Jun 07, 2018: Carnival Corporation's Ocean Originals TV Series Honored with 14 Telly Awards 51
Jun 06, 2018: Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Carnival Spirit Will Sail Year-Round From Brisbane 53
Jun 05, 2018: Carnival Corporation's CSMART Academy Named Center of Safety Excellence 54
May 10, 2018: Princess Cruises and the Original Cast of The Love Boat Receive Hollywood Walk of Fame Honorary Star Plaque 56
Section 5-Appendix 57
Ratio Definitions 57
About GlobalData 61
Contact Us 61
List of Figures
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 41
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Ratio Charts 43
List of Tables
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Key Facts 6
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Key Employees 7
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Key Employee Biographies 9
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Major Products and Services 11
Carnival Corporation & Plc, History 12
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Other Locations 23
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Subsidiaries 24
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Key Competitors 36
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Ratios based on current share price 37
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Annual Ratios 38
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 39
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 40
Carnival Corporation & Plc, Interim Ratios 42
Currency Codes 57
Capital Market Ratios 57
Equity Ratios 58
Profitability Ratios 58
Cost Ratios 59
Liquidity Ratios 59
Leverage Ratios 60
Efficiency Ratios 60
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
MSC Cruises S.A.
Celebrity Cruises, Inc.
American Cruise Lines, Inc.
Carnival Corporation & Plc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"