Apparel Retail in Nigeria
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Apparel Retail in Nigeria
Apparel Retail in Nigeria industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Nigeria apparel retail market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The apparel retail market includes baby clothing, toddler clothing and casual wear, essentials, formalwear, formalwear-occasion, and outerwear for men, women, boys and girls; excludes sports-specific clothing.
- The Nigerian apparel retail industry had total revenues of USD 5.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The childrenswear segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 2.7bn, equivalent to 48.7% of the industry's overall value.
- The young adult population in Nigeria shows a preference for fast fashion companies. Consumers demand high quality items at low prices, due to their relatively low disposable income and so companies such as Mr Price have experienced strong sales.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the apparel retail market in Nigeria
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the apparel retail market in Nigeria
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key apparel retail market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Nigeria apparel retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Nigeria apparel retail market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Nigeria apparel retail market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Nigeria apparel retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Nigeria's apparel retail market?
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market distribution 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 25
Mr. Price Group Ltd. 27
Ruff 'n' Tumble 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List Of Figure
List of Tables
Table 1: Nigeria apparel retail industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Nigeria apparel retail industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Nigeria apparel retail industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Nigeria apparel retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Nigeria apparel retail industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Fashpa: key facts
Table 7: Jumia: key facts
Table 8: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: key facts
Table 9: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: key financials (ZAR)
Table 11: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Ruff 'n' Tumble: key facts
Table 13: Nigeria size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 14: Nigeria gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Nigeria gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Nigeria inflation, 2013-17
Table 17: Nigeria consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 18: Nigeria exchange rate, 2013-17
List Of Table
List of Figures
Figure 1: Nigeria apparel retail industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Nigeria apparel retail industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Nigeria apparel retail industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Nigeria apparel retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Nigeria apparel retail industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 12: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Apparel Retail, MarketLine, Nigeria
Mr. Price Group Ltd.
Ruff 'n' Tumble