Apparel Retail in Nigeria
Apparel Retail in Nigeria industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Nigeria apparel retail market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The apparel retail market includes baby clothing, toddler clothing and casual wear, essentials, formalwear, formalwear-occasion, and outerwear for men, women, boys and girls; excludes sports-specific clothing.
- The Nigerian apparel retail industry had total revenues of USD 5.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The childrenswear segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 2.7bn, equivalent to 48.7% of the industry's overall value.
- The young adult population in Nigeria shows a preference for fast fashion companies. Consumers demand high quality items at low prices, due to their relatively low disposable income and so companies such as Mr Price have experienced strong sales.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the apparel retail market in Nigeria
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the apparel retail market in Nigeria
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key apparel retail market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Nigeria apparel retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Nigeria apparel retail market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Nigeria apparel retail market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Nigeria apparel retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Nigeria's apparel retail market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market distribution 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 25
Mr. Price Group Ltd. 27
Ruff 'n' Tumble 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
Table 1: Nigeria apparel retail industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Nigeria apparel retail industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Nigeria apparel retail industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Nigeria apparel retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Nigeria apparel retail industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Fashpa: key facts
Table 7: Jumia: key facts
Table 8: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: key facts
Table 9: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: key financials (ZAR)
Table 11: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Ruff 'n' Tumble: key facts
Table 13: Nigeria size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 14: Nigeria gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Nigeria gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Nigeria inflation, 2013-17
Table 17: Nigeria consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 18: Nigeria exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Nigeria apparel retail industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Nigeria apparel retail industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Nigeria apparel retail industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Nigeria apparel retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Nigeria apparel retail industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the apparel retail industry in Nigeria, 2017
Figure 12: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Mr. Price Group Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Mr. Price Group Ltd.
Ruff 'n' Tumble
Apparel Retail, MarketLine, Nigeria
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"