Footwear in Canada
Footwear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada footwear market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The footwear market consists of the total revenues generated through the sale of all types of men's, women's and children's shoes. It includes all footwear categories for men, women, boys and girls, but excludes sports-specific footwear.
- The Canadian footwear market had total revenues of USD 5.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The women's footwear segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 2.7bn, equivalent to 46.8% of the market's overall value.
- Real household consumption expenditure growth averaged 2.8% during 2015-17, this alongside footwears essential nature has helped drive growth in the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the footwear market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the footwear market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key footwear market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada footwear market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada footwear market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Canada footwear market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada footwear market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada's footwear market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market distribution 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Aldo Group Inc 23
C & J Clark International Ltd 24
Foot Locker, Inc. 25
NIKE Inc 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada footwear market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Canada footwear market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Canada footwear market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Canada footwear market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Canada footwear market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Aldo Group Inc: key facts
Table 7: C & J Clark International Ltd: key facts
Table 8: Foot Locker, Inc.: key facts
Table 9: Foot Locker, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Foot Locker, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 11: NIKE Inc: key facts
Table 12: NIKE Inc: key financials (USD )
Table 13: NIKE Inc: key financial ratios
Table 14: Canada size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Canada gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Canada inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: Canada exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada footwear market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Canada footwear market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Canada footwear market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Canada footwear market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Canada footwear market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 12: Foot Locker, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Foot Locker, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: NIKE Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: NIKE Inc: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Aldo Group Inc
C & J Clark International Ltd
Foot Locker, Inc.
Footwear, MarketLine, Canada
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"