Lululemon Athletica, Inc. (LULU)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Lululemon Athletica, Inc. (Lululemon) is a designer, retailer and distributor of athletic apparels and accessories. Its product portfolio includes sports, tanks, short sleeves, long sleeves, jackets and hoodies, sweaters and wraps, swim suits, tights, vests and outerwear's, shorts, skirts, crops, 7/8 pants, yoga pants and underwear for men and women. It also offers mats, props, bags, headbands and hats, scarves and gloves, socks and water bottles. The company's products are marketed under lululemon athletica and ivivva athletic brands. Lululemon also sells products through its e-commerce portals lululemon.com and ivivva.com. It has distribution facilities and warehouses in the US, Canada, and Australia. Its in-house stores are located in various countries including the US, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and the UK. Lululemon is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Lululemon Athletica, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Jul 25,2018: lululemon athletica appoints Calvin McDonald chief executive officer
May 31,2018: lululemon athletica inc. Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2018 Results
May 31,2018: lululemon Athletica reports Q1 fiscal 2018 financial results
Mar 27,2018: lululemon athletica inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2017 Results
Feb 06,2018: lululemon athletica CEO Laurent Potdevin Resigns
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Key Facts 6
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Key Employees 7
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Key Employee Biographies 8
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Major Products and Services 9
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-History 10
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Company Statement 11
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2-Company Analysis 14
Company Overview 14
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Business Description 15
Business Segment: Company-operated stores 15
Target Markets 15
Key Stats 15
Business Segment: Direct to consumer 15
Business Segment: Other 16
Geographical Segment: Canada 16
Geographical Segment: Outside of North America 16
Target Markets 16
Geographical Segment: United States 16
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis-Overview 17
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Strengths 17
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Weaknesses 18
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Opportunities 19
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Threats 20
Lululemon Athletica, Inc.-Key Competitors 21
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 28
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 29
Jul 25, 2018: lululemon athletica appoints Calvin McDonald chief executive officer 29
May 31, 2018: lululemon athletica inc. Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2018 Results 30
Mar 27, 2018: lululemon athletica inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2017 Results 31
Feb 06, 2018: lululemon athletica CEO Laurent Potdevin Resigns 32
Oct 17, 2017: HaloSource Forms Hydration Advisory Board for New astrea Line-up of Products 33
Aug 31, 2017: lululemon athletica announces Q2 fiscal 2017 results 34
Aug 31, 2017: Tricia Patrick joins lululemon board of directors 35
Mar 29, 2017: lululemon athletica Q4 net income increases 36
Section 5-Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List of Figures
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Performance Chart (2014-2018) 26
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Ratio Charts 28
List of Tables
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Key Facts 6
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Key Employees 7
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., History 10
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Subsidiaries 13
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Key Competitors 21
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 22
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Annual Ratios 23
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 24
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 25
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., Interim Ratios 27
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Under Armour Inc
The Gap, Inc.
Lucy Activewear, Inc.
bebe stores, inc.
Lululemon Athletica, Inc., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"