The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer. The company's product portfolio includes apparel, besides footwear and accessories, home basics, accent furniture, lamps, rugs, wall decor, decorative accessories and giftware; and other merchandise such as jewelry, designer services and accessories. TJX offers products through on-store and online formats to its customers. The company operates stores under various banners including T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, A.J. WRIGHT, HomeSense, T.K. Maxx, Winners and Trade Secret. The company has business presence in the US, Canada, Bermuda, Australia, Poland, Italy, India, the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands and Germany. TJX is headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, the US.
The TJX Companies, Inc. Key Recent Developments
May 22,2018: The TJX Companies announces sales and earnings results for Q1 ended May 5, 2018
May 10,2018: TJX Lays Off 300 Hundred Employees
Nov 15,2017: The TJX Companies reports Q3 FY18 results
Oct 23,2017: Marshalls to open in Moscow
Oct 16,2017: Marshalls to opens new store in Tanasbourne
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Key Facts 6
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Key Employees 7
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Key Employee Biographies 8
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Major Products and Services 9
The TJX Companies, Inc.-History 10
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Company Statement 12
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2-Company Analysis 15
Company Overview 15
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Business Description 16
Business Segment: HomeGoods 16
Key Stats 16
Business Segment: Marmaxx 16
Key Stats 16
Business Segment: TJX Canada 17
Key Stats 17
Business Segment: TJX International 17
Key Stats 17
The TJX Companies, Inc.-SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis-Overview 18
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Strengths 18
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Weaknesses 19
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Opportunities 20
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Threats 21
The TJX Companies, Inc.-Key Competitors 22
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 29
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 30
Nov 15, 2017: The TJX Companies reports Q3 FY18 results 30
Sep 18, 2017: Retail Viewpoint-The TJX Companies FY2016/17 for the year ending 28 January 2017 31
Sep 18, 2017: Retail Viewpoint-The TJX Companies FY2016/17 for the year ending 28 January 2017 32
May 16, 2017: The TJX Companies reports Q1 FY18 results 33
Section 5-Appendix 34
Ratio Definitions 34
About GlobalData 38
Contact Us 38
List Of Figure
List of Figures
The TJX Companies, Inc., Performance Chart (2014-2018) 27
The TJX Companies, Inc., Ratio Charts 29
List Of Table
List of Tables
The TJX Companies, Inc., Key Facts 6
The TJX Companies, Inc., Key Employees 7
The TJX Companies, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
The TJX Companies, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
The TJX Companies, Inc., History 10
The TJX Companies, Inc., Subsidiaries 14
The TJX Companies, Inc., Key Competitors 22
The TJX Companies, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 23
The TJX Companies, Inc., Annual Ratios 24
The TJX Companies, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 25
The TJX Companies, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 26
The TJX Companies, Inc., Interim Ratios 28
Currency Codes 34
Capital Market Ratios 34
Equity Ratios 35
Profitability Ratios 35
Cost Ratios 36
Liquidity Ratios 36
Leverage Ratios 37
Efficiency Ratios 37
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
The TJX Companies, Inc., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Sears Holdings Corporation
Ross Stores Inc
J. C. Penney Company, Inc.
Dollar Tree Inc
Dollar General Corporation
Destination XL Group, Inc.