Canadian Tire Corp Ltd (CTC.A) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd (Canadian Tire) is a retail company, which offers a broad range of goods and services such as automotive parts, accessories, and services; sports products; clothing; home products; gasoline; and financial products. It commercializes products under Canadian Tire, PartSource, Sport Chek, Diadora, Mastercraft, Denver Hayes and Atmosphere banners. It operates through an extensive network of general merchandise stores, specialty stores, convenience stores, gas bars, car washes and franchise stores. It offers financial services through its subsidiary, Canadian Tire Bank. The company also operates real estate investment trust, which owns, develops, and leases commercial properties. Canadian Tire is headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd Key Recent Developments
May 10,2018: Canadian Tire Corporation Reports Continued Momentum in First Quarter Results
Feb 16,2018: Canadian Tire reports Q4 and full year results
Feb 15,2018: Canadian Tire Corporation announces Q4 and full year 2017 results
Nov 28,2017: ATCO Partners With FLO to Unveil Alberta's First Electric Vehicle Charging Corridor
Aug 10,2017: Canadian Tire Corporation reports Q2 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Key Facts 6
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Key Employees 7
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Key Employee Biographies 8
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Major Products and Services 9
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - History 10
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Company Statement 13
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 - Company Analysis 16
Company Overview 16
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Business Description 17
Business Segment: CT REIT 17
Key Stats 17
Business Segment: Financial Services 17
Business Segment: Retail 17
Key Stats 18
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Corporate Strategy 19
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Strengths 20
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Weaknesses 21
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Opportunities 22
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Threats 23
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 32
May 10, 2018: Canadian Tire Corporation Reports Continued Momentum in First Quarter Results 32
May 10, 2018: Canadian Tire Corporation Reports Continued Momentum in First Quarter Results 33
Feb 15, 2018: Canadian Tire Corporation announces Q4 and full year 2017 results 34
Nov 28, 2017: ATCO Partners With FLO to Unveil Alberta's First Electric Vehicle Charging Corridor 35
Aug 10, 2017: Canadian Tire Corporation reports Q2 results 36
May 12, 2017: Canadian Tire reports Q1 2017 results 37
Feb 16, 2017: Canadian Tire reports strong Q4 and full year results 38
Section 5 - Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List of Figures
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Performance Chart (2013 - 2017) 29
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Ratio Charts 31
List of Tables
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Key Facts 6
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Key Employees 7
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 8
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Major Products and Services 9
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, History 10
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Subsidiaries 15
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Key Competitors 24
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 25
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Annual Ratios 26
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 27
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 28
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, Interim Ratios 30
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Wal-Mart Canada Corp
Sears Canada Inc
Mountain Equipment Co-Operative
Home Hardware Stores Ltd
Hart Stores Inc
Costco Wholesale Corporation
Canadian Tire Corp Ltd, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"