Duty Free Retailing in the Americas, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
The Duty Free Retailing in the Americas, 2017-2022, report published by GlobalData, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for duty retail sales across the Americas.
The American duty free market registered slowing sales during 2015- 2016 due to the economic slowdown and growing security threats. Moreover, geopolitical issues between countries and natural calamities, such as the Zika virus outbreak in Brazil, hampered international tourism. However, sales started improving since the beginning of 2017, supported by the global economic recovery and growing international tourism, and stood at US$6.1 billion in 2017. Duty free sales in the Americas are projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during 2017-2022, to reach US$8 billion by 2022.
What else does this report offer?
- Current market sizes and forecasts to 2022 by categories, including clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, and luggage and leather goods
- Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors
- Duty free retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
- Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates in Americas
- Competitive landscape covering market share of major duty free operators and their duty free sales and trading update analysis, recent key events.
- The US, the biggest American duty free market, loses share to emerging markets
- Chinese outbound tourism to lead swift growth in Canada
- Personal care is the most preferred category among travelers
- Online websites and mobile commerce driving growth in travel retail
- Duty free sales in the Americas to reach US$8 billion by 2022
- Personal care is the largest product category
- Travel retailers adopt latest technology advancements to enhance the shopping experience.
Reasons to buy
Get immediate access to -
- Reliable duty free retail sales data across the Americas for 2017 with forecasts for 2022 with information on largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
- Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data for major markets to identify target categories and develop growth plans
- Learn from duty free retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the duty free retail landscape
- Choose partners, understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free retailers, including market shares, trading performance, locations, travel retail strategy for each.
Table of Contents
Key Retail Innovations
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Dufry Duty Free Americas DFASS group DFS Starboard Cruise Services
Americas,fashion duty free retail, duty free retail innovation, market dynamics, innovative retailers, largest& fastest growing markets,International arrivals, major fashion duty free retailers, market share, revenue, recent key events, clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, luggage and leather goods, travel, tourism, arrivals, travel retail, airport retailing
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"