Duty Free Retailing in the Americas, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
The Duty Free Retailing in the Americas, 2017-2022, report published by GlobalData, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for duty retail sales across the Americas.
The American duty free market registered slowing sales during 2015- 2016 due to the economic slowdown and growing security threats. Moreover, geopolitical issues between countries and natural calamities, such as the Zika virus outbreak in Brazil, hampered international tourism. However, sales started improving since the beginning of 2017, supported by the global economic recovery and growing international tourism, and stood at US$6.1 billion in 2017. Duty free sales in the Americas are projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during 2017-2022, to reach US$8 billion by 2022.
What else does this report offer?
- Current market sizes and forecasts to 2022 by categories, including clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, and luggage and leather goods
- Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors
- Duty free retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
- Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates in Americas
- Competitive landscape covering market share of major duty free operators and their duty free sales and trading update analysis, recent key events.
- The US, the biggest American duty free market, loses share to emerging markets
- Chinese outbound tourism to lead swift growth in Canada
- Personal care is the most preferred category among travelers
- Online websites and mobile commerce driving growth in travel retail
- Duty free sales in the Americas to reach US$8 billion by 2022
- Personal care is the largest product category
- Travel retailers adopt latest technology advancements to enhance the shopping experience.
Reasons to buy
Get immediate access to -
- Reliable duty free retail sales data across the Americas for 2017 with forecasts for 2022 with information on largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
- Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data for major markets to identify target categories and develop growth plans
- Learn from duty free retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the duty free retail landscape
- Choose partners, understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free retailers, including market shares, trading performance, locations, travel retail strategy for each.
Table of Contents
Key Retail Innovations
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Dufry Duty Free Americas DFASS group DFS Starboard Cruise Services
Americas,fashion duty free retail, duty free retail innovation, market dynamics, innovative retailers, largest& fastest growing markets,International arrivals, major fashion duty free retailers, market share, revenue, recent key events, clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, luggage and leather goods, travel, tourism, arrivals, travel retail, airport retailing
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"