Food & Grocery Retail in Finland
Food & Grocery Retail in Finland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Finland food & grocery retail market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The food & grocery retail market includes the retail sales of all food products, both packaged and unpackaged, as well as beverages (including retail sales of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), tobacco, and household products. All on-trade sales of food and beverage are excluded. All currency conversions are calculated at constant average 2017 exchange rates.
- The Finnish food & grocery retail market had total revenues of USD 23.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The food segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 16.0bn, equivalent to 67.3% of the market's overall value.
- Following economic difficulties in Finland, the food & grocery retail market in the country was negatively affected as consumer spending on non-essential purchases fell.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the food & grocery retail market in Finland
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the food & grocery retail market in Finland
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key food & grocery retail market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Finland food & grocery retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Finland food & grocery retail market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Finland food & grocery retail market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Finland food & grocery retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Finland's food & grocery retail market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Category segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 10
Market distribution 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Kesko Corporation 23
Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co KG 27
S Group 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Tables
Table 1: Finland food & grocery retail market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Finland food & grocery retail market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Finland food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Finland food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Finland food & grocery retail market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Kesko Corporation: key facts
Table 7: Kesko Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Kesko Corporation: key financials (EUR)
Table 9: Kesko Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 10: Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co KG: key facts
Table 11: S Group: key facts
Table 12: Finland size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 13: Finland gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: Finland gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Finland inflation, 2013-17
Table 16: Finland consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 17: Finland exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Finland food & grocery retail market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Finland food & grocery retail market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Finland food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Finland food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Finland food & grocery retail market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the food & grocery retail market in Finland, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the food & grocery retail market in Finland, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the food & grocery retail market in Finland, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the food & grocery retail market in Finland, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the food & grocery retail market in Finland, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the food & grocery retail market in Finland, 2017
Figure 12: Kesko Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Kesko Corporation: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co KG
Food & Grocery Retail, MarketLine, Finland
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"