Food & Grocery Retail in Germany
Food & Grocery Retail in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany food & grocery retail market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The food & grocery retail market includes the retail sales of all food products, both packaged and unpackaged, as well as beverages (including retail sales of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), tobacco, and household products. All on-trade sales of food and beverage are excluded. All currency conversions are calculated at constant average 2017 exchange rates.
- The German food & grocery retail market had total revenues of USD 241.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The food segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 136.8bn, equivalent to 56.7% of the market's overall value.
- The German economy is the fourth largest globally, with its income levels being one of the highest in the world. This positions the market well for good growth. However, German consumers tend to be highly price sensitive, tempering growth in this market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the food & grocery retail market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the food & grocery retail market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key food & grocery retail market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany food & grocery retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany food & grocery retail market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany food & grocery retail market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany food & grocery retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's food & grocery retail market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market distribution 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Aldi Einkauf GmbH & Co oHG 24
Edeka Zentrale AG & Co. KG 25
Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co KG 26
REWE Group 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany food & grocery retail market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany food & grocery retail market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Germany food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Germany food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Germany food & grocery retail market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Aldi Einkauf GmbH & Co oHG: key facts
Table 7: Edeka Zentrale AG & Co. KG: key facts
Table 8: Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co KG: key facts
Table 9: REWE Group: key facts
Table 10: REWE Group: key financials (USD )
Table 11: REWE Group: key financials (EUR)
Table 12: REWE Group: key financial ratios
Table 13: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 14: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 17: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 18: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany food & grocery retail market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany food & grocery retail market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Germany food & grocery retail market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the food & grocery retail market in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the food & grocery retail market in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the food & grocery retail market in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the food & grocery retail market in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the food & grocery retail market in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the food & grocery retail market in Germany, 2017
Figure 12: REWE Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: REWE Group: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Aldi Einkauf GmbH & Co oHG
Edeka Zentrale AG & Co. KG
Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co KG
Food & Grocery Retail, MarketLine, Germany
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"