Food & Grocery Retail in Poland
Food & Grocery Retail in Poland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Poland food & grocery retail market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The food & grocery retail market includes the retail sales of all food products, both packaged and unpackaged, as well as beverages (including retail sales of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), tobacco, and household products. All on-trade sales of food and beverage are excluded. All currency conversions are calculated at constant average 2017 exchange rates.
- The Polish food & grocery retail market had total revenues of USD 81.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The food segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 52.8bn, equivalent to 65.1% of the market's overall value.
- Growth in the Polish market has been stimulated by a favourable economic environment resulting from a reduction in unemployment, wage growth, and am improvement in family living conditions as a result of the Family 500 plus Program.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the food & grocery retail market in Poland
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the food & grocery retail market in Poland
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key food & grocery retail market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Poland food & grocery retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Poland food & grocery retail market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Poland food & grocery retail market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Poland food & grocery retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Poland's food & grocery retail market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Category segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 10
Market distribution 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA 21
Lewiatan Holding S.A. 24
Schwarz Beteiligungs GmbH 25
Tesco PLC 26
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Tables
Table 1: Poland food & grocery retail market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Poland food & grocery retail market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Poland food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Poland food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Poland food & grocery retail market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA: key facts
Table 7: Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 9: Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA: key financial ratios
Table 10: Lewiatan Holding S.A.: key facts
Table 11: Schwarz Beteiligungs GmbH: key facts
Table 12: Tesco PLC: key facts
Table 13: Tesco PLC: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Tesco PLC: key financials (GBP)
Table 15: Tesco PLC: key financial ratios
Table 16: Poland size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Poland gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Poland gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Poland inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Poland consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Poland exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Poland food & grocery retail market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Poland food & grocery retail market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Poland food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Poland food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Poland food & grocery retail market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the food & grocery retail market in Poland, 2017
Figure 12: Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Tesco PLC: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Tesco PLC: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA
Lewiatan Holding S.A.
Schwarz Beteiligungs GmbH
Food & Grocery Retail, MarketLine, Poland
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"