Nordstrom Inc (JWN)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Nordstrom, Inc. (Nordstrom) is a specialty fashion retail company, operating through multiple retail channels. The company offers a wide selection of branded and private label merchandise through its Nordstrom branded full-line stores and online stores, Nordstrom Rack stores, HauteLook, and Last Chance. Its product portfolio includes apparel, shoes, accessories handbags, bath and beauty products, and home accents, and other accessories for women, men, young adults and children. Its major services include stylists; alteration and tailoring; restaurants; spa; and gift cards. Nordstrom also provides a variety of payment products and related services. The company operates stores in the US and Canada. Nordstrom is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, the US.
Nordstrom Inc Key Recent Developments
Aug 16,2018: Nordstrom posts Q2 2018 earnings
Aug 07,2018: Nordstrom appoints Edmond Mesrobian as chief technology officer
May 23,2018: Nordstrom appoints Ken Worzel as chief digital officer
May 18,2018: Nordstrom posts Q1 2018 earnings
Mar 02,2018: Nordstrom posts Q4 and fiscal 2017 earnings
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Nordstrom Inc-Key Facts 6
Nordstrom Inc-Key Employees 7
Nordstrom Inc-Key Employee Biographies 8
Nordstrom Inc-Major Products and Services 9
Nordstrom Inc-History 10
Nordstrom Inc-Company Statement 17
Nordstrom Inc-Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2-Company Analysis 20
Company Overview 20
Nordstrom Inc-Business Description 21
Business Segment: Credit 21
Key Stats 21
Business Segment: Retail 21
Key Stats 22
Nordstrom Inc-Corporate Strategy 23
Nordstrom Inc-SWOT Analysis 24
SWOT Analysis-Overview 24
Nordstrom Inc-Strengths 24
Nordstrom Inc-Weaknesses 25
Nordstrom Inc-Opportunities 26
Nordstrom Inc-Threats 27
Nordstrom Inc-Key Competitors 28
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 30
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 35
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 36
Nov 10, 2017: Nordstrom reports Q3 2017 earnings 36
Oct 27, 2017: Nordstrom plans to hire 13,650 employees ahead of holiday season 37
Aug 21, 2017: Nordstrom names Kelley Hall as chief accounting officer 38
May 08, 2017: Nordstrom brings 400 jobs to Toronto 39
May 05, 2017: Nordstrom appoints Anne Bramman as chief financial officer 40
Feb 24, 2017: Nordstrom announces fourth quarter and fiscal 2016 earning results 41
Feb 17, 2017: Nordstrom announces retirement of Enrique Hernandez, Jr., from board of directors 42
Section 5-Appendix 43
Ratio Definitions 43
About GlobalData 47
Contact Us 47
List of Figures
Nordstrom Inc, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 33
Nordstrom Inc, Ratio Charts 35
List of Tables
Nordstrom Inc, Key Facts 6
Nordstrom Inc, Key Employees 7
Nordstrom Inc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Nordstrom Inc, Major Products and Services 9
Nordstrom Inc, History 10
Nordstrom Inc, Other Locations 19
Nordstrom Inc, Key Competitors 28
Nordstrom Inc, Ratios based on current share price 29
Nordstrom Inc, Annual Ratios 30
Nordstrom Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 31
Nordstrom Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 32
Nordstrom Inc, Interim Ratios 34
Currency Codes 43
Capital Market Ratios 43
Equity Ratios 44
Profitability Ratios 44
Cost Ratios 45
Liquidity Ratios 45
Leverage Ratios 46
Efficiency Ratios 46
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc.
J.Crew Group, Inc.
Neiman Marcus Group LTD LLC
Vince Holding Corp
Nordstrom Inc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"