The North West Company Inc. (NWC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
The North West Company Inc. (NWC)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The North West Company Inc. (North West) retails general merchandise and food products. The company's food offerings include perishable and non-perishable products including dairy, produce, meat, groceries, convenience foods, food service and home meal replacement. Its general merchandise includes housewares, family apparel, sporting goods, toys, furniture, appliances, home entertainment, health and beauty aids, snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), boats and outboard motors. North West also offers other products such as gasoline, pharmacy and financial services. The company's operations are spread across rural communities and urban neighborhoods in Canada, the US, the South Pacific islands and the Caribbean. North West is headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
The North West Company Inc. Key Recent Developments
Apr 11,2018: The North West Company Releases Audited Consolidated Financial Statements and Announces Changes to Board of Directors
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
The North West Company Inc.-Key Facts 6
The North West Company Inc.-Key Employees 7
The North West Company Inc.-Key Employee Biographies 9
The North West Company Inc.-Major Products and Services 10
The North West Company Inc.-History 11
The North West Company Inc.-Company Statement 13
The North West Company Inc.-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Joint Venture 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
The North West Company Inc.-Business Description 18
Geographical Segment: Canadian Operations 18
Target Markets 18
Geographical Segment: International Operations 18
Target Markets 18
The North West Company Inc.-Corporate Strategy 20
The North West Company Inc.-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
The North West Company Inc.-Strengths 21
The North West Company Inc.-Weaknesses 22
The North West Company Inc.-Opportunities 23
The North West Company Inc.-Threats 24
The North West Company Inc.-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 33
Apr 11, 2018: The North West Company Releases Audited Consolidated Financial Statements and Announces Changes to Board of Directors 33
Apr 11, 2018: The North West Company Releases Audited Consolidated Financial Statements and Announces Changes to Board of Directors 34
Section 5-Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List Of Figure
List of Figures
The North West Company Inc., Performance Chart (2014-2018) 30
The North West Company Inc., Ratio Charts 32
List Of Table
List of Tables
The North West Company Inc., Key Facts 6
The North West Company Inc., Key Employees 7
The North West Company Inc., Key Employee Biographies 9
The North West Company Inc., Major Products and Services 10
The North West Company Inc., History 11
The North West Company Inc., Other Locations 15
The North West Company Inc., Subsidiaries 15
The North West Company Inc., Joint Venture 16
The North West Company Inc., Key Competitors 25
The North West Company Inc., Ratios based on current share price 26
The North West Company Inc., Annual Ratios 27
The North West Company Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
The North West Company Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
The North West Company Inc., Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
The North West Company Inc., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc
Canada Safeway Ltd
Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd
Empire Co Ltd
Loblaw Companies Ltd
Sears Canada Inc