Wesfarmers Ltd (WES)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Wesfarmers Limited (Wesfarmers) is a diversified company that has business operations in retail and industrial activities. Its retail activities include supermarkets, liquor, hotels and convenience stores, department stores, home improvement and office supplies and apparel retailing. The company's industrial activities include coal mining industrial and safety and chemicals, energy and fertilizers and work wear clothing to diverse range of industries. The company's resource business includes management of properties and investment banking. Its supplies and distributes maintenance repair and operating products and also manufactures and markets chemicals, fertilizers, LPG and LNG. It also has non-controlling interests in companies operating in forest products, property, investment banking and private equity. Wesfarmers is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
Wesfarmers Ltd Key Recent Developments
Nov 20,2018: Wesfarmers: Appointment of flybuys Chief Executive Officer
Nov 15,2018: Wesfarmers and Perdaman advance WA petrochemical plans for Burrup Peninsula
Oct 18,2018: Wesfarmers announces USD 4M partnership with NGA
Oct 11,2018: Wesfarmers names Sarah Hunter as managing director of Officeworks
Oct 11,2018: Wesfarmers appoints new Officeworks managing director
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Wesfarmers Ltd-Key Facts 6
Wesfarmers Ltd-Key Employees 7
Wesfarmers Ltd-Key Employee Biographies 8
Wesfarmers Ltd-Major Products and Services 9
Wesfarmers Ltd-History 10
Wesfarmers Ltd-Company Statement 12
Wesfarmers Ltd-Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2-Company Analysis 16
Company Overview 16
Wesfarmers Ltd-Business Description 17
Business Segment: Industrials 17
Business Segment: Others 17
Key Stats 17
Business Segment: Retail 18
Key Stats 18
Geographical Segment: Australia 18
Target Markets 18
Geographical Segment: New Zealand 19
Target Markets 19
Geographical Segment: Other foreign countries 19
Target Markets 19
Geographical Segment: United Kingdom 19
Target Markets 19
Wesfarmers Ltd-Corporate Strategy 20
Wesfarmers Ltd-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
Wesfarmers Ltd-Strengths 21
Wesfarmers Ltd-Weaknesses 22
Wesfarmers Ltd-Opportunities 23
Wesfarmers Ltd-Threats 24
Wesfarmers Ltd-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Wesfarmers Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 34
Nov 20, 2018: Wesfarmers: Appointment of flybuys Chief Executive Officer 34
Sep 17, 2018: Wesfarmers announces director retirement 35
Aug 23, 2018: Wesfarmers: Coles Board appointments 36
Aug 15, 2018: Wesfarmers announces 2018 full year results 37
Aug 08, 2018: Wesfarmers to offload 40% interest in Bengalla coal mine for USD 637m 38
Jul 23, 2018: Wesfarmers announces director retirement 39
Apr 30, 2018: Wesfarmers: Mark Ward to retire from Officeworks 40
Feb 05, 2018: Wesfarmers Announces Significant Items Expected In 2018 Half-Year Results 41
Jan 17, 2018: Wesfarmers Announces Quarterly Statement Of Production, Development And Exploration 44
Jun 29, 2017: Bunnings doubles scale of UK pilot store program 45
Section 5-Appendix 46
Ratio Definitions 46
About GlobalData 50
Contact Us 50
List of Figures
Wesfarmers Ltd, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 30
Wesfarmers Ltd, Ratio Charts 32
List of Tables
Wesfarmers Ltd, Key Facts 6
Wesfarmers Ltd, Key Employees 7
Wesfarmers Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 8
Wesfarmers Ltd, Major Products and Services 9
Wesfarmers Ltd, History 10
Wesfarmers Ltd, Subsidiaries 14
Wesfarmers Ltd, Key Competitors 25
Wesfarmers Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 26
Wesfarmers Ltd, Annual Ratios 27
Wesfarmers Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
Wesfarmers Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
Wesfarmers Ltd, Interim Ratios 31
Wesfarmers Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 33
Currency Codes 46
Capital Market Ratios 46
Equity Ratios 47
Profitability Ratios 47
Cost Ratios 48
Liquidity Ratios 48
Leverage Ratios 49
Efficiency Ratios 49
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Woolworths Group Ltd
The TJX Companies, Inc.
The Reject Shop Limited
Incitec Pivot Ltd
Caltex Australia Ltd
Beacon Lighting Group Ltd
Aldi Einkauf GmbH & Co oHG
Wesfarmers Ltd, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"