Cybersecurity in Retail-Thematic Research
By 2021 the global cybersecurity market is expected to be worth more than USD 140 billion, up from USD 114 billion in 2017 according to GlobalData. However, the key issue is that retail companies need better rather than more security.
In this report, we look at the 12 most important cybersecurity technologies and conclude that the most important ones in terms of driving the cybersecurity industry's revenues over the next two years are network security appliances, cloud security, and AI. Our research indicates the winners in these high-growth cyber technology cycles over the next two years will be-
- Unified threat management: Check Point Software, Cisco, Fortinet, IBM, Palo Alto Networks, SecureWorks, Sophos, and Symantec.
- Cloud security: Barracuda Networks, Fortinet, Imperva, Micro Focus, Qualys, and Sophos.
- AI: IBM, Microsoft, Alphabet, Splunk, and Palantir.
- Retail leaders: Amazon, Alibaba, eBay, and Target.
- This report focuses on the impact of cybersecurity in retail, and how retailers prepare to ride the digital wave to best align with future business objectives.
- It discusses how forward-thinking retailers will pivot toward a holistic cybersecurity approach to shore up their current position.
- It indicates the winners in high-growth cyber technology cycles such as network security appliances, cloud security, and AI over the next two years.
Reasons to buy
- The report focuses on the big players in the cybersecurity industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It identifies the main trends in the cybersecurity industry over the next 12 to 24 months.
- It provides an industry analysis, emphasizing that the types of cybercrime, the motivations for these crimes, the assets targeted, and remedies differ.
- It discusses the technologies that will drive growth in the cybersecurity industry over the next two years.
- It offers a technology briefing about the NIST cybersecurity framework, which is used voluntarily by many companies around the world.
Table of Contents
Changing nature of cyber threats 5
Evolution of cybersecurity technologies 6
Industry growth drivers 7
Corporate governance trends 8
Cybersecurity trends in retail 9
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 11
Impact of cybersecurity on retail 15
Retail case studies-major security breaches 16
Barnes & Noble 16
Key recommendations for retailers 18
Key recommendations for IT vendors 19
Market size and growth forecasts 20
VALUE CHAIN 25
Network security 25
Unified threat management (UTM) 26
Artificial Intelligence (AI) 26
Deception-based cyber defenses (subset of AI) 27
Behavioral analytics (subset of AI) 27
Endpoint security 28
Mobile security (subset of endpoint security) 29
Identity access management (IAM) 30
Data security 30
Application security 31
Email security 31
Cloud security 32
Managed security services 33
Post-breach consultancy services 33
COMPANIES SECTION 35
Public companies 35
Private companies 39
Retail companies 41
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 42
The NIST framework 42
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 47
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Check Point Software Technologies
Palo Alto Networks
Aker Security Solutions
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"