Cybersecurity in Utilities-Thematic Research
Cybersecurity has been a concern for utilities for decades, due to their roles as operators of critical infrastructure and providers of essential services. However, concern over cybersecurity continues to climb up utilities' agendas, driven by the increasingly interconnected nature of their infrastructure and systems, and the growing number of attacks targeting utilities.
Utilities need to transition to a more connected and smart energy system. They are also adopting IoT technologies that potentially open up utilities' systems and infrastructure to the outside world. These include smart meters, sensors, and other grid monitoring devices. While this transition is necessary to make utilities more efficient and enable the uptake of new technologies like electric vehicles and solar and wind, it also creates many more targets for malicious actors to target. It also means that utilities will increasingly need to open up some of their core systems that were historically protected by being isolated from the outside world, also creating new potential risks.
- This report analyses cybersecurity in the utilities sector.
- It discusses how the sector is subject to stricter regulation in terms of cyber- and physical security, and is looking to invest in integrated solutions.
- It identifies key winners and losers in high-growth cyber technology cycles such as network security appliances, cloud security, and artificial intelligence over the next two years.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights some of the big players in the cybersecurity industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It highlights the main trends in the cybersecurity industry over the next 12 to 24 months.
- It provides an industry analysis, explaining the degree of cyber risks and motives, and its serious implications on businesses.
- The report discusses the impact of cybersecurity on utilities and the unique challenges it faces.
- It also identifies technologies will drive growth in the cybersecurity industry over the next two years.
- It offers a technology briefing, explaining the importance of a cybersecurity framework to establish standards, guidelines, and practices to protect critical infrastructure.
Table of Contents
Changing nature of cyber threats 5
Evolution of cybersecurity technologies 6
Industry growth drivers 8
Corporate governance trends 9
Cybersecurity trends in utilities 10
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 11
IMPACT OF CYBERSECURITY ON UTILITIES 15
Unique challenges facing utilities when implementing cybersecurity 15
Market size and growth forecasts 17
VALUE CHAIN 22
Network security 23
Unified threat management 23
Artificial Intelligence 24
Deception-based cyber defenses (subset of AI) 24
Behavioral analytics (subset of AI) 25
Endpoint security 26
Mobile security (subset of endpoint security) 26
Identity and access management 27
Data security 28
Application security 28
Email security 29
Cloud security 29
Managed security services 30
Post-breach consultancy services 30
COMPANIES SECTION 32
Public companies 32
Private companies 37
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 40
The NIST framework 40
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 45
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Check Point Software Technologies
Palo Alto Networks
Aker Security Solutions
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"