Waste Management in Mexico
Waste Management in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Mexico waste management market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The waste management industry consists of all municipal solid waste (MSW)-including non-hazardous waste generated in households, commercial establishments and institutions, and non-hazardous industrial process wastes, agricultural wastes and sewage sludge. The industry's value represents the amount of total typical charge per ton for landfill multiplied by the volume of MSW generated. The industry's volume represents the total MSW generation. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates
- The Mexican waste management industry had total revenues of USD 1,568.1m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 44.3 million tons in 2017.
- In 2011, the Mexican government closed one of the world's biggest landfills, Bordo Poniente. Previous to this, the government had put incentives in place to encourage more sustainable means of waste management including encouraging reuse and recycling. In 2012, BMLMX Power Company was awarded an international tender to build a biogas plant on the site.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the waste management market in Mexico
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the waste management market in Mexico
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key waste management market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Mexico waste management market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Mexico waste management market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Mexico waste management market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Mexico waste management market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Mexico's waste management market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Market volume forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 17
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Promotora Ambiental, S.A.B. de C.V. 21
Waste Management, Inc. 24
Macroeconomic Indicators 28
Country data 28
Industry associations 31
Related MarketLine research 31
About MarketLine 32
List of Figures
Figure 1: Mexico waste management industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Mexico waste management industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Figure 3: Mexico waste management industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Mexico waste management industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Mexico waste management industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the waste management industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the waste management industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the waste management industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the waste management industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the waste management industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the waste management industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 12: Promotora Ambiental, S.A.B. de C.V.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Promotora Ambiental, S.A.B. de C.V.: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Waste Management, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Waste Management, Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Mexico waste management industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Mexico waste management industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Table 3: Mexico waste management industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Mexico waste management industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Mexico waste management industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Table 6: Promotora Ambiental, S.A.B. de C.V.: key facts
Table 7: Promotora Ambiental, S.A.B. de C.V.: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Promotora Ambiental, S.A.B. de C.V.: key financials (MXN)
Table 9: Promotora Ambiental, S.A.B. de C.V.: key financial ratios
Table 10: Waste Management, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Waste Management, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Waste Management, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Mexico size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 14: Mexico gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Mexico gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Mexico inflation, 2013-17
Table 17: Mexico consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 18: Mexico exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"