Oil & Gas in Middle East
Oil & Gas in Middle East industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Middle East oil & gas market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The oil and gas market volume is defined as the total consumption (barrels of oil equivalent) of refined petroleum products and natural gas by end-users in each country.
- The Middle Eastern oil & gas market had total revenues of USD 277.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -11.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 8.1 billion barrels of oil equivalent in 2017.
- The Middle East is one of the most significant regions for oil and gas production. BP estimates that the region had 47.7% of proved oil reserves in 2016, and 34.5% of oil production. It also has an estimated 42.5% of natural gas reserves and 18.0% of global production. The region is home to some of the largest per capita consumers of energy globally, due to generous subsidies funded by sovereign wealth funds.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the oil & gas market in Middle East
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the oil & gas market in Middle East
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key oil & gas market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Middle East oil & gas market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Middle East oil & gas market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Middle East oil & gas market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Middle East oil & gas market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Middle East's oil & gas market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 22
Abu Dhabi National Oil Co 22
Chevron Corporation 24
Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) 28
Saudi Aramco 29
Industry associations 31
Related MarketLine research 31
About MarketLine 32
List of Figures
Figure 1: Middle East oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Middle East oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Figure 3: Middle East oil & gas market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Middle East oil & gas market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Middle East oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Middle East oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the oil & gas market in the Middle East, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the oil & gas market in the Middle East, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the oil & gas market in the Middle East, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the oil & gas market in the Middle East, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the oil & gas market in the Middle East, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the oil & gas market in the Middle East, 2017
Figure 13: Chevron Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Chevron Corporation: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Middle East oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Middle East oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Table 3: Middle East oil & gas market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Middle East oil & gas market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 5: Middle East oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Middle East oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Table 7: Abu Dhabi National Oil Co: key facts
Table 8: Chevron Corporation: key facts
Table 9: Chevron Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Chevron Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 11: Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC): key facts
Table 12: Saudi Aramco: key facts
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"