Oil & Gas in Norway
Oil & Gas in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Norway oil & gas market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The oil and gas market volume is defined as the total consumption (barrels of oil equivalent) of refined petroleum products and natural gas by end-users in each country.
- The Norwegian oil & gas market had total revenues of USD 5,344.8m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -14.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- The crude oil segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 4,796.8m, equivalent to 89.7% of the market's overall value.
- Norway has set itself a target of producing 67.5% of the total energy it consumes from renewable sources by the year 2020. Growing investment in renewable energy at the expense of fossil fuels means both segments of the oil and gas market should come under greater pressure from renewables in the coming years.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the oil & gas market in Norway
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the oil & gas market in Norway
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key oil & gas market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Norway oil & gas market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Norway oil & gas market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Norway oil & gas market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Norway oil & gas market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Norway's oil & gas market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
Exxon Mobil Corporation 27
Statoil ASA 30
TOTAL S.A. 33
Macroeconomic Indicators 37
Country data 37
Industry associations 40
Related MarketLine research 40
About MarketLine 41
List of Figures
Figure 1: Norway oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Norway oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Figure 3: Norway oil & gas market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Norway oil & gas market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Norway oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Norway oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the oil & gas market in Norway, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the oil & gas market in Norway, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the oil & gas market in Norway, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the oil & gas market in Norway, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the oil & gas market in Norway, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the oil & gas market in Norway, 2017
Figure 13: ConocoPhillips: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: ConocoPhillips: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Exxon Mobil Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Exxon Mobil Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Statoil ASA: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Statoil ASA: assets & liabilities
Figure 19: TOTAL S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 20: TOTAL S.A.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Norway oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Norway oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Table 3: Norway oil & gas market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Norway oil & gas market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 5: Norway oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Norway oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Table 7: ConocoPhillips: key facts
Table 8: ConocoPhillips: key financials (USD )
Table 9: ConocoPhillips: key financial ratios
Table 10: Exxon Mobil Corporation: key facts
Table 11: Exxon Mobil Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Exxon Mobil Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 13: Statoil ASA: key facts
Table 14: Statoil ASA: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Statoil ASA: key financials (NOK)
Table 16: Statoil ASA: key financial ratios
Table 17: TOTAL S.A.: key facts
Table 18: TOTAL S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 19: TOTAL S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 20: TOTAL S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 21: Norway size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 22: Norway gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Norway gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 24: Norway inflation, 2013-17
Table 25: Norway consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 26: Norway exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"