Oil & Gas in South Africa
Oil & Gas in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa oil & gas market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The oil and gas market volume is defined as the total consumption (barrels of oil equivalent) of refined petroleum products and natural gas by end-users in each country.
- The South African oil & gas market had total revenues of USD 9.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -16.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.2% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 0.2 billion barrels of oil equivalent in 2017.
- South Africa has limited proved reserves of oil and natural gas, but the Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates that the country holds the eighth-largest technically recoverable shale gas resources in the world (390 trillion cubic feet) primarily located in the Karoo basin.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the oil & gas market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the oil & gas market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key oil & gas market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa oil & gas market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Africa oil & gas market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the South Africa oil & gas market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa oil & gas market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa's oil & gas market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
BP Plc 23
Petro SA 27
Sasol Limited 28
Royal Dutch Shell plc 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 36
Country data 36
Industry associations 39
Related MarketLine research 39
About MarketLine 40
List of Figures
Figure 1: South Africa oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: South Africa oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Figure 3: South Africa oil & gas market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: South Africa oil & gas market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: South Africa oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: South Africa oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the oil & gas market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the oil & gas market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the oil & gas market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the oil & gas market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the oil & gas market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the oil & gas market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 13: BP Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: BP Plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Sasol Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Sasol Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Royal Dutch Shell plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Royal Dutch Shell plc: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: South Africa oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: South Africa oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Table 3: South Africa oil & gas market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: South Africa oil & gas market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 5: South Africa oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: South Africa oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Table 7: BP Plc: key facts
Table 8: BP Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 9: BP Plc: key financial ratios
Table 10: Petro SA: key facts
Table 11: Sasol Limited: key facts
Table 12: Sasol Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Sasol Limited: key financials (ZAR)
Table 14: Sasol Limited: key financial ratios
Table 15: Royal Dutch Shell plc: key facts
Table 16: Royal Dutch Shell plc: key financials (USD )
Table 17: Royal Dutch Shell plc: key financial ratios
Table 18: South Africa size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: South Africa gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: South Africa gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: South Africa inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: South Africa consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: South Africa exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"