Oil & Gas in Vietnam
Oil & Gas in Vietnam industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Vietnam oil & gas market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The oil and gas market volume is defined as the total consumption (barrels of oil equivalent) of refined petroleum products and natural gas by end-users in each country.
- The Vietnamese oil & gas market had total revenues of USD 8,207.4m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -12.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 229.3 million barrels of oil equivalent in 2017.
- Volume consumption levels have grown at a steady pace in Vietnam despite the decline in the value of its oil and gas market. Consumption has increased to the growing nature of the Vietnamese economy which has boosted the income of the country's middle class and commercial activity, allowing a greater number of private individuals and business to purchase fuel driven automobiles. According to the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers Association (VAMA) the country 89,952 sales of cars were made in Vietnam in 2013. By 2017 this figure had risen to 250,619 car sales. The growing economy of the country and rising wages have as such boosted demand for oil and gas.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the oil & gas market in Vietnam
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the oil & gas market in Vietnam
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key oil & gas market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Vietnam oil & gas market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Vietnam oil & gas market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Vietnam oil & gas market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Vietnam oil & gas market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Vietnam's oil & gas market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
OAO Gazprom 23
Royal Dutch Shell plc 27
TOTAL S.A. 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 35
Country data 35
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Figures
Figure 1: Vietnam oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Vietnam oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Figure 3: Vietnam oil & gas market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Vietnam oil & gas market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Vietnam oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Vietnam oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the oil & gas market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the oil & gas market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the oil & gas market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the oil & gas market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the oil & gas market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the oil & gas market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 13: OAO Gazprom: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: OAO Gazprom: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Royal Dutch Shell plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Royal Dutch Shell plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: TOTAL S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: TOTAL S.A.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Vietnam oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Vietnam oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Table 3: Vietnam oil & gas market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Vietnam oil & gas market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 5: Vietnam oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Vietnam oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Table 7: OAO Gazprom: key facts
Table 8: OAO Gazprom: key financials (USD )
Table 9: OAO Gazprom: key financials (RUB)
Table 10: OAO Gazprom: key financial ratios
Table 11: Royal Dutch Shell plc: key facts
Table 12: Royal Dutch Shell plc: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Royal Dutch Shell plc: key financial ratios
Table 14: TOTAL S.A.: key facts
Table 15: TOTAL S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 16: TOTAL S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 17: TOTAL S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 18: Vietnam size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: Vietnam gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Vietnam gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Vietnam inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: Vietnam consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: Vietnam exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"