Botswana Power Corporation-Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-GlobalData's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Botswana Power Corporation (BPC) is a parastatal utility that generates, transmits and distributes electricity. Its transmission network connects various towns in Botswana such as Maun, Shakawe, Gumare, Ghanzi, Pandamatenga and Kasane. BPC distributes electricity to areas approved by the Ministry of Minerals, Energy and Water Resources. It caters to the electricity requirement of both mining and non-mining industries in the country. The company through its subsidiary BPC Lesedi offers solar home systems, efficient cooking stoves, heat retention bags and low pressure solar geysers. BPC is headquartered in Gaborone, Botswana.
Botswana Power Corporation Key Recent Developments
Aug 16,2018: African Energy Resources: Sese EIA approval increased to 500MW, coal prices rise
Jul 05,2018: Botswana Power Corporation (BPC) Signs First Time Contract for GE Power's Software Technology
Apr 23,2018: Tlou Energy Provides Operational Report-Quarter Ending 31 March 2018
Feb 01,2018: BPC undertakes a countrywide power line servitudes clearance exercise
Jan 22,2018: Botswana to spend USD 495 mln to extend power grid to northwest
Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with GlobalData's detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
Botswana Power Corporation-Key Facts 5
Botswana Power Corporation-Key Employees 6
Botswana Power Corporation-Major Products and Services 7
Botswana Power Corporation-History 8
Botswana Power Corporation-Company Statement 9
Botswana Power Corporation-Locations And Subsidiaries 11
Head Office 11
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 11
Section 2-Company Analysis 12
Company Overview 12
Botswana Power Corporation-Business Description 13
Botswana Power Corporation-SWOT Analysis 14
SWOT Analysis-Overview 14
Botswana Power Corporation-Strengths 14
Botswana Power Corporation-Weaknesses 15
Botswana Power Corporation-Opportunities 16
Botswana Power Corporation-Threats 17
Section 3-Company's Recent Developments 18
Aug 16, 2018: African Energy Resources: Sese EIA approval increased to 500MW, coal prices rise 18
Jul 05, 2018: Botswana Power Corporation (BPC) Signs First Time Contract for GE Power's Software Technology 19
Apr 23, 2018: Tlou Energy Provides Operational Report-Quarter Ending 31 March 2018 20
Feb 01, 2018: BPC undertakes a countrywide power line servitudes clearance exercise 24
Dec 08, 2017: BPC signs transmission standards 25
Nov 13, 2017: North West Transmission Grid Connection Project Contract signing 26
Nov 13, 2017: North West Transmission Grid Connection Project Contract signing 27
Jun 22, 2017: Botswana Power initiates process to appoint joint venture partner for 100 MW solar power plant 28
Apr 05, 2017: Eskom, Botswana Power sign long-term power supply agreement 29
Section 4-Appendix 30
About GlobalData 30
Contact Us 30
List of Tables
Botswana Power Corporation, Key Facts 5
Botswana Power Corporation, Key Employees 6
Botswana Power Corporation, Major Products and Services 7
Botswana Power Corporation, History 8
Botswana Power Corporation, Subsidiaries 11
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Botswana Power Corporation, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Overview, Key Manufacturing Facilities, Key Information, Overview, Business Description, Major Products and Services, Brands, History, Key Employees, Key Employee Biographies, Key Operational Heads, Locations And Subsidiaries, Competitors, Company Statement.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"