Global Utilities industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets.
- The global utilities industry had total revenues of USD 4,448.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The electricity segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 2,364.4bn, equivalent to 53.2% of the industry's overall value.
- Asia-Pacific is the most dominant country in the global utilities industry, accounting for 34.5% in 2017.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the utilities market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalutilities market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global utilities market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global utilities market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Global utilities market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's utilities market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 17
Degree of rivalry 18
Leading Companies 19
Duke Energy Corporation 19
Engie S.A. 23
State Grid Corporation of China 27
Veolia Environnement S.A. 28
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Tables
Table 1: Global utilities industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Global utilities industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Global utilities industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Global utilities industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Duke Energy Corporation: key facts
Table 6: Duke Energy Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Duke Energy Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 8: Engie S.A.: key facts
Table 9: Engie S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Engie S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 11: Engie S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 12: State Grid Corporation of China: key facts
Table 13: Veolia Environnement S.A.: key facts
Table 14: Veolia Environnement S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Veolia Environnement S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 16: Veolia Environnement S.A.: key financial ratios
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global utilities industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Global utilities industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Global utilities industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Global utilities industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the global utilities industry, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the global utilities industry, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the global utilities industry, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global utilities industry, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global utilities industry, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global utilities industry, 2017
Figure 11: Duke Energy Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Duke Energy Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Engie S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Engie S.A.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Veolia Environnement S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Veolia Environnement S.A.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Duke Energy Corporation
State Grid Corporation of China
Veolia Environnement S.A.
Energy and Utilities, Utilities, MarketLine, Global
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"