New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. (NYISO) is a not-for-profit organization that manages the bulk electricity grid of New York and administers the competitive wholesale markets in the state. It is responsible for conducting long-term planning for its electric power system and upgrading the technological infrastructure of the electricity distribution system to meet future requirements. NYISO manages the flow of the electricity generated to ensure the utilities receive electricity for meeting the demand. It also conducts and monitors competitive auctions for wholesale electricity to ensure that consumers receive power at low costs. NYISO is headquartered in Rensselaer, New York, the US.
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Apr 26, 2016: Empire State Connector "HVDC" Transmission Project to Deliver Zero Carbon Energy from Upstate New York Directly to NYC
Jan 21, 2016: NYISO Marks New Wind Power Record
Dec 17, 2015: PSC Votes to Advance Transmission System Upgrades for Further Review
Dec 16, 2015: New York ISO and ISO New England Streamline Energy Exchange Between Regions
Dec 07, 2015: NYISO Strategic Plan: Efficient Markets Power Reliability
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with GlobalData's detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Key Facts 5
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Key Employees 6
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Major Products and Services 7
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - History 8
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Company Statement 9
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 10
Head Office 10
Section 2 - Company Analysis 11
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Business Description 11
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 12
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 13
SWOT Analysis - Overview 13
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Strengths 13
Strength - Ancillary Service Offerings 13
Strength - Strategic Importance of Operations: Primary Network Operator 13
Strength - Demand Response Programs 13
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Weaknesses 14
Weakness - Net Working Capital Deficit 14
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Opportunities 15
Opportunity - Broader Regional Markets Initiative 15
Opportunity - Smart Grid Deployment 15
Opportunity - Transmission Congestion Assessment Studies 15
New York Independent System Operator, Inc. - Threats 16
Threat - Fluctuations in Electricity Prices 16
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 16
Threat - Stringent Governmental Regulations 16
Section 3 - Company's Recent Developments 17
Apr 26, 2016: Empire State Connector "HVDC" Transmission Project to Deliver Zero Carbon Energy from Upstate New York Directly to NYC 17
Jan 21, 2016: NYISO Marks New Wind Power Record 18
Dec 17, 2015: PSC Votes to Advance Transmission System Upgrades for Further Review 19
Dec 16, 2015: New York ISO and ISO New England Streamline Energy Exchange Between Regions 20
Dec 07, 2015: NYISO Strategic Plan: Efficient Markets Power Reliability 21
Dec 03, 2015: NYISO Forecasts Adequate Electric Capacity for Winter 2015-2016 23
Oct 30, 2015: NYISO says closure of Huntley and Dunkirk power plants may not threaten reliability 24
Oct 29, 2015: NYISO Names Kevin Lanahan Vice President for External Affairs 25
Sep 16, 2015: NYISO Board Announces New President and CEO 26
Jul 09, 2015: Eastern Interconnection Grid Planning Collaborative Completes Study of Gas-Electric Interface 27
Section 4 - Appendix 28
About GlobalData 28
Contact Us 28
List of Tables
New York Independent System Operator, Inc., Key Facts 5
New York Independent System Operator, Inc., Key Employees 6
New York Independent System Operator, Inc., Major Products and Services 7
New York Independent System Operator, Inc., History 8
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"
I am pleased to see the very useful and productive information in the report..Very well structured great presentation reflect professionalism in your research studies.... "Mustafa Masood, Financial Analyst , Coldwell Banker Riyadh"
While we still are studying and analysing your reports about Vietnam & Thailand, we would like to convey to your research team that they have done a very good job in compiling so much of information together. We hope to see more of such well researched reports. All the best & keep it up. ... "Prashant Bhagwat,General Manager, Mahindra"
We would like to appreciate Ken Research for their great efforts and wonderful support in providing the Market Intelligence Report for ITPC. The information, statistics and research are well understandable and very clear to the point. We are happy with Ken research for their good client service, on-time delivery of the report and as said the report itself. Thank you Ken research for bringing the valuable output for us. We would be looking forward to have more research with you in the near future. Wish you a success in your business!... "Jestin Mathew, Indonesian Trade Promotion Center"