Nuclear Power-Thematic Research
Climate change concerns have raised awareness of the need to reduce our use of fossil fuels in favor of low-emission power sources. Nuclear power is the readily available large-scale alternative to fossil fuels for the production of a continuous and reliable supply of electricity for meeting base-load demand. China, the world's top greenhouse gas (GHG) emitter, is very keen on reducing its emissions; hence, it is deploying nuclear technology as part of its power mix.
The nuclear power sector is expected to grow over the next decade as demand for electricity rises. The global cumulative installed nuclear power capacity was 392 gigawatts (GW) in 2017 and is expected to reach 536 GW by 2030 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4%.
This report focuses on nuclear power technology. Our research indicates the leaders in the nuclear power theme, categorized under the three segments of our nuclear energy value chain, include-
- Uranium mining companies: Kazatomprom, Cameco, Orano, Uranium One, China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC), China General Nuclear Power Corp (CGN).
- Equipment manufacturers: General Electric (GE), Power Machines, Turboatom, Toshiba, Alstom Atomenergomash.
- EPC contractors: Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd, State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom, CNNC, CGN, State Power Investment Corp (SPIC).
- Nuclear plant owners and operators: China General Nuclear Power Corp, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), China National Nuclear Corp, State Power Investment Corp, State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom, Electricite de France SA (EDF).
- The report highlights key leaders in the nuclear power theme, categorized under four segments of the nuclear energy value chain: uranium suppliers, equipment makers, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) companies and nuclear power plant (NPP) owners and operators.
- The report analyses the major trends in the nuclear industry over the next two to three years
- It discusses the nuclear energy value chain
- It provides an overview of the nuclear industry and performs competitive analysis and highlights significant mergers and acquisitions in the nuclear sector
- Includes a timeline highlighting key milestones in the story of nuclear industry
- The report highlights competitive position of companies in the nuclear theme.
Reasons to buy
- To gain insights of the global nuclear industry and major leaders in the nuclear power theme
- Enhance your understanding of the major trends in the nuclear industry and segments in the nuclear energy value chain
- To understand the competitive position of leading nuclear power markets, mergers and acquisitions and investment trends in the nuclear sector
- To know more about companies in the nuclear industry, which have strong competitive position in the nuclear theme
- It provides a technology briefing to explain the evolution of nuclear technology and how it works.
Table of Contents
Technology trends 4
Macroeconomic themes 6
Regulatory themes 7
VALUE CHAIN 8
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 10
Competitive analysis 13
Nuclear Market, Global, Investment Trends, 2017-2020 16
Mergers and acquisitions 17
COMPANIES SECTION 21
Uranium suppliers 21
Equipment makers 21
EPC companies 23
Nuclear plant owners and operators 25
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 26
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 28
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC)
China General Nuclear Power Corp (CGN)
General Electric (GE)
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL)
State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom
State Power Investment Corp (SPIC)
Electricite de France SA (EDF)
Nuclear, Nuclear Power Plant (NPP), Nuclear plant owners, Nuclear plant operators, EPC contractors, Equipment manufacturers, Uranium mining companies, Leaders, Challengers, Greenhouse gas, Climate change, Fossil fuels, Low-emission, Electricity, Nuclear power capacity, Cumulative installed, Annual installed capacity Compound annual growth rate, Nuclear value chain, Technology trends , Nuclear reactor, Generation IV nuclear power plant, European pressurized reactors, Sodium-cooled fast reactors, Supercritical water-cooled reactors, Very high-temperature gas reactors, Gas-cooled fast reactors, Lead-cooled fast reactors, Floating NPP, Plant life extension (PLEX), Macroeconomic themes, Small modular reactors (SMRs), Mergers and acquisitions (M&A), Timeline, Regulatory themes , Post-Fukushima, Japan, China, Plans, Policies, Build, Operate, Decommission, Companies, Technology, Nuclear fission, Nuclear fusion, Investment, International Atomic Energy Agency trends, Levelized cost of electricity, Year-on-year (YoY) growth rate, Anti-nuclear, Power generation, Interfaces, Segments, Competitive analysis
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"