Netscribes' latest market research report titled Smart Cities Market in India 2015 states that a large amount of investments has been planned for Smart Cities in India. However, it will take some time to generate considerable returns on investments as the concept has just been initialized. The Government of India has allocated INR 70.6 bn in the Union Budget 2014-15 to develop 100 Smart Cities in the country. To encourage development of Smart Cities, with respect to FDI in the construction development sector, the condition for built up area has also been reduced from 50,000 sq. m to 20,000 sq. m. Relaxed norms and increased government initiatives will ensure that investment in Smart Cities will continue to rise.
The Union Cabinet has approved the central government spending worth INR 980 bn under two new urban missions over the next five years. The two schemes, INR 480 bn for Smart City Mission and INR 500 bn for Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation, may merge at some point. The Smart Cities will provide good infrastructure such as water, sanitation, reliable utility services, health care; attract investments; transparent processes that make it easy to run a commercial activities; simple and on line processes for obtaining approvals, and various citizen centric services.
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014-Apr 2015)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2014-Jul 2014), Exchange Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014-May 2015)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15), FDI: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
Slide 5: Smart City-Concept and Benefits
Slide 6: Smart City-Inception and Origin
Slide 7: Top Smart Cities around the World
Slide 8: Smart Cities-Market Overview, Investments (Value-Wise; 2014-15 and 2034-35e)
Slide 9: State Data Centers and Common Service Centers-Overview
Slide 10: Total Installed Capacity of Power and Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission
Slide 11: Digital Subscriptions in India
List of Smart Cities Projects in India
Slide 12: List of Smart Cities Projects in India-Summary
Slide 13-14: List of Active Smart City Projects in India
Slide 15-16: List of Proposed/Pending Smart City Projects in India
Slide 17: List of Pilot Smart City Projects in India
Smart City Components
Slide 18: Smart City Components-Summary
Slide 19-26: Smart City Components
Slide 27: Key Stakeholders-Summary
Slide 28-31: Key Stakeholders
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 32: Drivers and Challenges-Summary
Slide 33-37: Drivers
Slide 38-40: Challenges
Slide 41: Government Framework-Summary
Slide 42-47: Government Framework
Slide 48: Trends-Summary
Slide 49-51: Key Trends
Slide 52: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 53-56: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 57-102: Major Companies
Slide 103-104: Key Recommendations
Slide 105: Key Ratios Description
Slide 106: Sources of Information
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jan 2015-Apr 2015)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2014-Jul 2014)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014-May 2015)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
7. FDI Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
1. Smart Cities-Investments (Value-Wise; 2014-15, 2034-35e)
2. State Data Centers-Growth in Number of Operational States (Volume-Wise; 2014, 2016e)
3. Common Service Centers-State count as per % Implementation (2014)
4. Power-Total Installed Capacity (as on Jan 31, 2015)
5. Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission-Power Generation (Volume-Wise; 2013, 2017e, 2020e)
6. Digital Subscriptions in India (Volume-Wise; 2014)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Total and Estimated Number of Future Indians Living in Urban Areas (2011, 2031e)
2. Internet Subscriptions in India (2010-2013)
3. Top Global Hacking Targets (2013)
1. Funds Provided by Central Government-End-Use Break-Up
1. Competitive Benchmarking-Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies-Operational & Financial Basis (FY 2014)
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (Private Companies)
b. Financial Snapshot (Except Hitachi Data Systems India Pvt. Ltd.)
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
List of Smart Cities Projects in India
1. List of Proposed/Pending Smart City Projects
1. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (Except Hitachi Data Systems India Pvt. Ltd.)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.
2. Honeywell Automation India Ltd.
3. 3M India Ltd.
1. Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation Ltd.
2. Cisco Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd.
3. GE India Industrial Pvt. Ltd.
4. Hitachi Data Systems India Pvt. Ltd.
5. IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
6. Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd.
7. Temasek Holdings Advisors India Pvt. Ltd.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"