Utilities in Australia
Utilities in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Australia utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets.
- The Australian utilities industry had total revenues of USD 136.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The gas segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 76.7bn, equivalent to 56.2% of the industry's overall value.
- In 2017, Australia accounted for 8.9% of the Asia-Pacific utilities industry making it the third largest country.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the utilities market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the utilities market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia utilities market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia utilities market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Australia utilities market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Australia's utilities market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 17
Degree of rivalry 18
Leading Companies 19
AGL Energy Limited 19
Origin Energy Limited 22
Sydney Water Corporation 25
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia utilities industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Australia utilities industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Australia utilities industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Australia utilities industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: AGL Energy Limited: key facts
Table 6: AGL Energy Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 7: AGL Energy Limited: key financials (AUSD )
Table 8: AGL Energy Limited: key financial ratios
Table 9: Origin Energy Limited: key facts
Table 10: Origin Energy Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Origin Energy Limited: key financials (AUSD )
Table 12: Origin Energy Limited: key financial ratios
Table 13: Sydney Water Corporation: key facts
Table 14: Sydney Water Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Sydney Water Corporation: key financials (AUSD )
Table 16: Sydney Water Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 17: Synergy: key facts
Table 18: Synergy: key financials (USD )
Table 19: Synergy: key financials (AUSD )
Table 20: Synergy: key financial ratios
Table 21: Australia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 22: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Australia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 24: Australia inflation, 2013-17
Table 25: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 26: Australia exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia utilities industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Australia utilities industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Australia utilities industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Australia utilities industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the utilities industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the utilities industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the utilities industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the utilities industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the utilities industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the utilities industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 11: AGL Energy Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: AGL Energy Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Origin Energy Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Origin Energy Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Sydney Water Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Sydney Water Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Synergy: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Synergy: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
AGL Energy Limited
Origin Energy Limited
Sydney Water Corporation
Energy and Utilities, Utilities, MarketLine, Australia
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"