Utilities in Germany
Utilities in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets.
- The German utilities industry had total revenues of USD 284.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The electricity segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 154.7bn, equivalent to 54.3% of the industry's overall value.
- In 2017, Germany accounted for 19.6% of the European utilities industry making it the largest country.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the utilities market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the utilities market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany utilities market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany utilities market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany utilities market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's utilities market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 17
Degree of rivalry 18
Leading Companies 19
E.ON SE 19
Gelsenwasser AG 23
RWE AG 26
Veolia Environnement S.A. 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany utilities industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany utilities industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Germany utilities industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Germany utilities industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: E.ON SE: key facts
Table 6: E.ON SE: key financials (USD )
Table 7: E.ON SE: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: E.ON SE: key financial ratios
Table 9: Gelsenwasser AG: key facts
Table 10: Gelsenwasser AG: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Gelsenwasser AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 12: Gelsenwasser AG: key financial ratios
Table 13: RWE AG: key facts
Table 14: RWE AG: key financials (USD )
Table 15: RWE AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 16: RWE AG: key financial ratios
Table 17: Veolia Environnement S.A.: key facts
Table 18: Veolia Environnement S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 19: Veolia Environnement S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 20: Veolia Environnement S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 21: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 22: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 24: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 25: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 26: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany utilities industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany utilities industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany utilities industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany utilities industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the utilities industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the utilities industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the utilities industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the utilities industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the utilities industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the utilities industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: E.ON SE: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: E.ON SE: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Gelsenwasser AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Gelsenwasser AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: RWE AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: RWE AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Veolia Environnement S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Veolia Environnement S.A.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Veolia Environnement S.A.
Energy and Utilities, Utilities, MarketLine, Germany
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"