Success Case Study: Aperol in the UK - Remaking the traditional Italian aperitivo moment for a young UK audience
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Success Case Study: Aperol in the UK-Remaking the traditional Italian "aperitivo moment" for a young UK audience
Cocktail culture has experienced a continuing internationalization, with beverages and their related indigenous consumption occasions and rituals finding homes aboard among consumers looking for new experiences and social facilitators.
Aperol is an Italian bitter liqueur, popularized in its native country as an aperitif, similar to its stablemate Campari. The brand has experienced a significant boost in international popularity in recent years, including in the UK, where it has ascended to the top spot in cocktail choices.
- Aperol provides an example of the openness of consumers to new (to them) experiences and influences. Indeed, introducing consumption rituals from one culture to another is a way of innovating with something that is known to work in one location.
- Novel becomes sustainable rather than a fad if the product can break out of an association with a particular occasion. This supports Campari's strategy of working on a phased entry into a market.
- For brands like Aperol, the essence is maintaining the spirit of the occasion, the event, and the idea that the brand is bringing something special and authentic. This is best managed on-trade, but can translate over to the off-trade.
- Private label discounters are highly effective at exploiting the trendiest products and offering much cheaper versions for off-trade consumption, as already seen in the Aperol case. With demand strong for such copies, the degree of brand loyalty off-trade becomes questionable.
Reasons to buy
- Use GlobalData's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
About Successes & Failures Case Studies
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies