Failure Case Study: Danone Dairy in India-The risk of offering premium products in a price-sensitive market
"Failure Case Study: Danone Dairy in India", examines the risk of offering premium products in a price-sensitive market.
In a highly competitive market, dominated by Amul and Mother Dairy, Danone was a late entrant.
- Danone's premium line failed to appeal to urban Indians, who are often value-driven despite their high spending power and experimental consumption habits.
- As the world's second largest producer of milk, India's dairy sector is dominated by local producers.
- New entrants will have to create products that not only win consumer appeal for their taste but also justify a premium positioning.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 5
2. What? 6
3. Why? 9
4. Take-out 11
5. Appendix 14
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Milk, mishti doi, yogurt, flavored milk, flavored yogurt
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"