Success Case Study: Uber Eats in the UK-Leveraging the Uber brand to serve consumers' round-the-clock food delivery needs
Online/app-based food delivery is a growth market in the face of pressure on traditional quick-service restaurants. This has inspired both new start-ups and bigger brands with logistics and online clout to explore such services, with competition springing up in major cities in markets such as the US, UK, and Europe.
Uber Eats is a food delivery service originating in the US but now expanding in the UK, offering app-based ordering and facilitating delivery through its own driver network from local restaurant kitchens, as well as exclusive "virtual restaurants".
- The efficiency that smart technologies and solutions offer resonates with consumers, particularly those who are time-pressed or efficacy-driven.
- Within food delivery, this means an inexorable march towards app-based mobile and website-based ordering becoming an expected means of interacting with restaurants.
- Consumers' idea of convenience in the food delivery sphere is becoming much broader-a reflection of their needs continuing to diverge from the relatively predictable patterns of daily activities and mealtime occasions of the past.
Reasons to buy
- Use GlobalData's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Food delivery, online, app, sharing economy, Millennials, local, convenience
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"