Darden Restaurants, Inc. (DRI)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Darden Restaurants, Inc. (Darden) is a full-service restaurant company. The company operates restaurants under various brand names such as Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, The Capital Grille, Eddie V's, the Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen, Yard House and Seasons 52. Darden also operates restaurants through joint ventures and franchises. Its restaurants provide a range of food and dining options to customers. Its menu offerings include Italian, Caribbean, and other continental food such as appetizers, salads, breadsticks, desserts, soups, wines, gluten-free, non-alcoholic drinks, steaks, sea food and beef. The company operates restaurants in the US, Canada, Latin America, the Middle East, and Malaysia. Darden is headquartered in Orlando, Florida, the US.
Darden Restaurants, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Jun 21,2018: Darden Restaurants Inc. posts Q4 Results
Mar 23,2018: Darden Restaurants posts financial results for Q3 ended February 25, 2018
Jan 22,2018: Darden Restaurants names as Dave George as executive vice president and COO
Dec 19,2017: Darden Restaurants reports fiscal 2018 second quarter results
Sep 26,2017: Darden Restaurants reports Q1 fiscal 2018 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Key Facts 6
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Key Employees 7
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Key Employee Biographies 8
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Major Products and Services 10
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-History 11
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Company Statement 13
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Business Description 18
Business Segment: Fine Dining 18
Key Stats 18
Business Segment: LongHorn Steakhouse 18
Key Stats 18
Business Segment: Olive Garden 18
Key Stats 19
Business Segment: Other 19
Key Stats 19
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Corporate Strategy 20
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Strengths 21
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Weaknesses 22
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Opportunities 23
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Threats 24
Darden Restaurants, Inc.-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 33
Dec 19, 2017: Darden Restaurants reports fiscal 2018 second quarter results 33
Sep 26, 2017: Darden Restaurants reports Q1 fiscal 2018 results 34
Jun 29, 2017: Darden Restaurants reports fiscal 2017 fourth quarter and full year results 35
Jun 27, 2017: Darden Restaurants reports Q4 fiscal and full year 2017 results 36
Mar 29, 2017: Darden Restaurants reports Q3 fiscal results 37
Mar 27, 2017: Darden Restaurants reports higher net earnings for Q3, provides outlook for fiscal 2017 38
Section 5-Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List of Figures
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Performance Chart (2014-2018) 30
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Ratio Charts 32
List of Tables
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Key Facts 6
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Key Employees 7
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Major Products and Services 10
Darden Restaurants, Inc., History 11
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Subsidiaries 16
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Key Competitors 25
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 26
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Annual Ratios 27
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
Darden Restaurants, Inc., Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated
Texas Roadhouse Inc
Del Frisco's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.
Brinker International, Inc.
Bravo Brio Restaurant Group, Inc.
Darden Restaurants, Inc., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"