Foodservice in Australia
Foodservice in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Australia foodservice market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Foodservice is defined as the value of all food and drink, including on-trade drinks not drunk with food, for immediate consumption on the premises or in designated eating areas shared with other foodservice operators, or in the case of takeaway transactions, freshly prepared food for immediate consumption. Foodservice is restricted to the sale of food and drink in specific foodservice channels defined below and excludes vending machines.
- The Australian foodservice industry had total revenues of USD 53.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 0.8% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 5.5 billion transactions in 2017.
- Industry consumption has benefited from the increased use of technology, with consumers using apps like UberEats to order takeaways.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the foodservice market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the foodservice market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key foodservice market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia foodservice market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia foodservice market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Australia foodservice market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia foodservice market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Australia's foodservice market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 17
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Hungry Jack's Pty Ltd 21
McDonald's Corporation 22
Doctor's Associates Inc. 25
Yum! Brands, Inc. 26
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia foodservice industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Australia foodservice industry volume: billion transactions, 2013-17
Table 3: Australia foodservice industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Australia foodservice industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 5: Australia foodservice industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Australia foodservice industry volume forecast: billion transactions, 2017-22
Table 7: Hungry Jack's Pty Ltd: key facts
Table 8: McDonald's Corporation: key facts
Table 9: McDonald's Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 10: McDonald's Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 11: Doctor's Associates Inc.: key facts
Table 12: Yum! Brands, Inc.: key facts
Table 13: Yum! Brands, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Yum! Brands, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 15: Australia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Australia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Australia inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Australia exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia foodservice industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Australia foodservice industry volume: billion transactions, 2013-17
Figure 3: Australia foodservice industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Australia foodservice industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Australia foodservice industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Australia foodservice industry volume forecast: billion transactions, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the foodservice industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the foodservice industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the foodservice industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the foodservice industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the foodservice industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the foodservice industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 13: McDonald's Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: McDonald's Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Yum! Brands, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Yum! Brands, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Hungry Jack's Pty Ltd
Doctor's Associates Inc.
Yum! Brands, Inc.
Foodservice, MarketLine, Australia
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"