Foodservice Global Industry Guide 2013-2022
Global Foodservice industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global foodservice industry. Includes industry size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of industry growth trends and leading companies.
- Foodservice is defined as the value of all food and drink, including on-trade drinks not drunk with food, for immediate consumption on the premises or in designated eating areas shared with other foodservice operators, or in the case of takeaway transactions, freshly prepared food for immediate consumption. Foodservice is restricted to the sale of food and drink in specific foodservice channels defined below and excludes vending machines.
- The food service industry is valued according to total sales of all food and drink (soft and alcoholic) in or through accommodation outlets, pubs, clubs, and bars, full service restaurants, quick service restaurants and fast food, and other. The accommodation segment includes food and drinks sales in bed and breakfasts, guest houses, holiday parks, hostels, and hotels and motels. The pub, club and bar segment includes food and drink sales at nightclubs, private member and social clubs, and pubs and bars. The other segment includes food and drink sales in leisure venues, such as visitor attractions; mobile operators, such as vans and other mobile operators; retailers, such as bakeries, convenience stores, delicatessens, department stores, garden centers, service station forecourts, supermarkets and hypermarkets, and other retail sales.
- Market volume is defined as the total number of transactions.
- All currency conversions were carried out at constant 2017 average annual exchange rates.
- The global foodservice industry had total revenues of USD 3,144.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.6% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 506.3 billion transactions in 2017.
- The Asia-Pacific dominates the global foodservice industry, accounting for 40.6% in 2017.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global foodservice industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global foodservice industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key foodservice industry players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global foodservice industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global foodservice industry by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global foodservice industry in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global foodservice industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global foodservice industry?
Table of Contents
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
What is this report about? 21
Who is the target reader? 21
How to use this report 21
Global Foodservice 22
Market Overview 22
Market Data 23
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
MarketLine, Leisure and Arts, Hotels and Restaurants, Foodservice, Global
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"