Foodservice in Singapore
Foodservice in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Singapore foodservice market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Foodservice is defined as the value of all food and drink, including on-trade drinks not drunk with food, for immediate consumption on the premises or in designated eating areas shared with other foodservice operators, or in the case of takeaway transactions, freshly prepared food for immediate consumption. Foodservice is restricted to the sale of food and drink in specific foodservice channels defined below and excludes vending machines.
- The Singaporean foodservice industry had total revenues of USD 8.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.2% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 1.3 billion transactions in 2017.
- Time poor consumers are more likely to opt for a quick option, which is why quick service restaurants and fast food chains have thrived.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the foodservice market in Singapore
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the foodservice market in Singapore
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key foodservice market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Singapore foodservice market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Singapore foodservice market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Singapore foodservice market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Singapore foodservice market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Singapore's foodservice market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 17
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Crystal Jade Culinary Concept Holdings 21
McDonald's Corporation 22
Restaurant Brands International Inc. 25
Yum! Brands, Inc. 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
Table 1: Singapore foodservice industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Singapore foodservice industry volume: billion transactions, 2013-17
Table 3: Singapore foodservice industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Singapore foodservice industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 5: Singapore foodservice industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Singapore foodservice industry volume forecast: billion transactions, 2017-22
Table 7: Crystal Jade Culinary Concept Holdings: key facts
Table 8: McDonald's Corporation: key facts
Table 9: McDonald's Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 10: McDonald's Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 11: Restaurant Brands International Inc.: key facts
Table 12: Restaurant Brands International Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Restaurant Brands International Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 14: Yum! Brands, Inc.: key facts
Table 15: Yum! Brands, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Yum! Brands, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 17: Singapore size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 18: Singapore gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Singapore gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Singapore inflation, 2013-17
Table 21: Singapore consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 22: Singapore exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Singapore foodservice industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Singapore foodservice industry volume: billion transactions, 2013-17
Figure 3: Singapore foodservice industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Singapore foodservice industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Singapore foodservice industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Singapore foodservice industry volume forecast: billion transactions, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the foodservice industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the foodservice industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the foodservice industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the foodservice industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the foodservice industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the foodservice industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 13: McDonald's Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: McDonald's Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Restaurant Brands International Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Restaurant Brands International Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Yum! Brands, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Yum! Brands, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Crystal Jade Culinary Concept Holdings
Restaurant Brands International Inc.
Yum! Brands, Inc.
Foodservice, MarketLine, Singapore
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"