Confectionery in France
Confectionery in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the France confectionery market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The confectionery market consists of the retail sale of chocolate, gum and sugar confectionery products. The chocolate segment consists of all chocolate based products, including boxed chocolates, chocolate countlines, chocolate straightlines, molded bars and novelties. The gum segment consists of all bubble and chewing gum. Moreover, sugar confectionery products consist of hard boiled sweets, mints, caramels and toffees, gums and jellies, marshmallows, fudges and medicated throat lozenges. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The French confectionery market had total revenues of USD6,979.4m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.5% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 545.9 million kg in 2017.
- The French confectionery market has matured, particularly the chocolate segment. This restricts market growth. Moreover, French consumers prefer chocolate with coffee or as an afternoon snack.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the confectionery market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the confectionery market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key confectionery market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France confectionery market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the France confectionery market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the France confectionery market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France confectionery market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in France's confectionery market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market volume 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market distribution 13
Market Outlook 14
Market value forecast 14
Market volume forecast 15
Five Forces Analysis 16
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 22
Ferrero Group 22
Mars, Incorporated 23
Mondelez International, Inc. 24
Macroeconomic Indicators 27
Country data 27
Industry associations 30
Related MarketLine research 30
About MarketLine 31
List of Figures
Figure 1: France confectionery market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: France confectionery market volume: million kilograms, 2013-17
Figure 3: France confectionery market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: France confectionery market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: France confectionery market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 6: France confectionery market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 7: France confectionery market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 8: France confectionery market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the confectionery market in France, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the confectionery market in France, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the confectionery market in France, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the confectionery market in France, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the confectionery market in France, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the confectionery market in France, 2017
Figure 15: Mondelez International, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Mondelez International, Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: France confectionery market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: France confectionery market volume: million kilograms, 2013-17
Table 3: France confectionery market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: France confectionery market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: France confectionery market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 6: France confectionery market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 7: France confectionery market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 8: France confectionery market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2017-22
Table 9: Ferrero Group: key facts
Table 10: Mars, Incorporated: key facts
Table 11: Mondelez International, Inc.: key facts
Table 12: Mondelez International, Inc.: key financials (USD)
Table 13: Mondelez International, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 14: France size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: France gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: France inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: France consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: France exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Mondelez International, Inc.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"